TCL & CGI
Author Message
 TCL & CGI

At server side, how will TCL receive the form data and then send out
data through CGI? (platform: Unix)

Thanks in advance.

--
Li Dazhong

Fri, 17 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 TCL & CGI

Quote:
>At server side, how will TCL receive the form data and then send out
>data through CGI? (platform: Unix)

See:

    http://expect.nist.gov/cgi.tcl/

* Gerald W. Lester                       | Voice:  +1 (504)-889-2784       *
* Computerized Processes Unlimited, Inc. | FAX:    +1 (504)-889-2799       *

* Metairie, LA 70001                     | Web:    http://www.cpu.com      *

Fri, 17 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 TCL & CGI

Quote:
>At server side, how will TCL receive the form data and then send out
>data through CGI? (platform: Unix)

A Tcl CGI script receives information about the request, and responds to the
request, just the same as a script or program written in any other language -
CGI is language-independent.  And just like other languages, there are libraries/
packages written for Tcl to make the job easier.  Don Libes' cgi.tcl is the
oen I use, and is very comprehensive.  See <URL:http://expect.nist.gov/cgi.tcl/>.

See also my Web pages on Server-side scripting, including servlets and microscripting:
<URL:http://tcltk.anu.edu.au/tclweb/>

Cheers,
Steve Ball
--

Ph. +61 2 62495146 Fax: +61 2 62490010          http://tcltk.anu.edu.au/steve/
Snail-mail: Canberra ACT 0200, AUSTRALIA        http://plume.browser.org/

Sat, 18 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 TCL & CGI

: >At server side, how will TCL receive the form data and then send out
: >data through CGI? (platform: Unix)

: See:

:     http://expect.nist.gov/cgi.tcl/

or...

from Prentice Hall:
_CGI Developer's Resource: Web Programming In Tcl and Perl_

if you want a text that teaches you how to do it yourself.

[disclaimer: I am the author]

Sun, 19 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 TCL & CGI

Quote:

>: >At server side, how will TCL receive the form data and then send out
>: >data through CGI? (platform: Unix)
>: See:
>:     http://expect.nist.gov/cgi.tcl/
>or...
>from Prentice Hall:
>_CGI Developer's Resource: Web Programming In Tcl and Perl_
>if you want a text that teaches you how to do it yourself.

It would be most helpful if you would also post the ISBN number.

Mon, 20 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 TCL & CGI

                        .
                        .
                        .

Quote:
>>or...
>>from Prentice Hall:
>>_CGI Developer's Resource: Web Programming In Tcl and Perl_
>>if you want a text that teaches you how to do it yourself.

>It would be most helpful if you would also post the ISBN number.

                        .
                        .
                        .
0137277512 (0-13-727751-2)

I admit to a bit of surprise, Gerald.  My experience over the last
year is that such URLs as <URL:http://www.net-quest.com/~ivler/cgibook/>
or <URL:http://www.prenhall.com/allbooks/ptr_0137277512.html> are far
more useful than ISBNs.  Maybe you're more loyal to a local retailer
than I have any reason to be ...
--

Cameron Laird           http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/home.html

Mon, 20 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 TCL & CGI

:

:>_CGI Developer's Resource: Web Programming In Tcl and Perl_
:>if you want a text that teaches you how to do it yourself.
:
:It would be most helpful if you would also post the ISBN number.

I am sure Gerald knows, but for new folk in the newsgroup, you can
find the names and ISBNs of most Tcl books in
<URL:http://www.teraform.com/%7Elvirden/tcl-faq/part1.html> which
was just posted this week to this newsgroup.

Wed, 22 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. TCL & CGI Problem

2. Forms & tcl & cgi

3. ncgi & cgi.tcl