NT errors on shutdown when Tcl/Tk script calls an external .exe
Author Message
 NT errors on shutdown when Tcl/Tk script calls an external .exe

Hello,

Every sixty seconds my script runs a process viewer and then processes
it. It works great until the user logs out. At this point I get hung
processes and errors (pv.exe, the process viewer, hangs and
TclMainWindow errors too). NT is set to automatically kill hung
processes but it seems to ignore my wish script!

The exec is already wrapped in a catch so I don't know how else to
avoid this problem. Does anyone know how to prevent these errors on
user logout/shutdown? Is there an alternative, Tcl-native process
viewer I could use instead?

Thanks,

Matt

-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Remove *'s for my real E-Mail =-=-=-=-

Mon, 26 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Running a TK script using wish80.exe within a tcl script

2. tcl/tk 8.0 problem with Windows app that calls tcl/tk script

3. how C call tcl/tk OR tcl/tk call C code

4. Calling external TCL/TK program

5. calling a tcl script form another tcl script

6. executing external TK scripts from a main TK app

7. TCL/Tk script as child process of NT's cmd

8. Tcl event handler for NT service shutdown?

9. Calling Expect script (in background) from Tcl/Tk application

10. popup menu doesn't appear when tcl/tk script called from C

11. Need Help: Calling Tcl/Tk scripts in a C program

12. tcl/tk-scripts, Apache & tcl/tk-plugin