help wanted: tcl83.dll is not found by my tcl-emdbeded application
Author Message
 help wanted: tcl83.dll is not found by my tcl-emdbeded application

Hi,

I have a Microsoft Vc++ application with tcl embeded, in window
environment. I worked fine with tcl80.
However, after I have switched to  tcl8.3.4.3 (from Active), my
application complained that tcl83.dll cannot be found, although I can
see tcl83.dll in c:/tcl/bin.  I also has no problem to use tclsh, which
uses tcl83.dll too.

Can anyone help me on this?

Best regards.
Gang Luo

Mon, 14 Feb 2005 00:23:47 GMT
 help wanted: tcl83.dll is not found by my tcl-emdbeded application

Quote:

> I have a Microsoft Vc++ application with tcl embeded, in window
> environment. I worked fine with tcl80.
> However, after I have switched to  tcl8.3.4.3 (from Active), my
> application complained that tcl83.dll cannot be found, although I can
> see tcl83.dll in c:/tcl/bin.  I also has no problem to use tclsh, which
> uses tcl83.dll too.

Where was it finding tcl80.dll?  Normally you just have to have the
DLLs on the system path, or in the path that is defined when your
embedded app runs (which may be different).  Make sure tcl83.dll is
in there.

--
    Jeff Hobbs                     The Tcl Guy
    Senior Developer               http://www.ActiveState.com/

Mon, 14 Feb 2005 01:21:30 GMT
 help wanted: tcl83.dll is not found by my tcl-emdbeded application

yes i had the same problem on linux.i convert my tcl source to c and
compile it with mktclapp.The program was working, when  i installed tcl
8.4b then the program gives "tcl 8.3 library not found" error.That is
because of compiling with tcl 8.3..

Mon, 14 Feb 2005 02:38:03 GMT
 help wanted: tcl83.dll is not found by my tcl-emdbeded application

Quote:

> yes i had the same problem on linux.i convert my tcl source to c and
> compile it with mktclapp.The program was working, when  i installed tcl
> 8.4b then the program gives "tcl 8.3 library not found" error.That is
> because of compiling with tcl 8.3..

Yes, it is an extra trick to make compiled extensions version independent
of the Tcl core.  This can be done since Tcl 8.1 with the use of the Tcl
stubs mechanism.

--
  Jeff Hobbs                     The Tcl Guy
  Senior Developer               http://www.ActiveState.com/
        Tcl Support and Productivity Solutions
 Join us in Sept. for Tcl'2002: http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2002/

Mon, 14 Feb 2005 03:44:20 GMT
 help wanted: tcl83.dll is not found by my tcl-emdbeded application
Thank you Jeff for reply.

My tcl80.dll was in c:\winnt\system32.  However, tcl83.dll is in c:/tcl/bin.
Therefore, it looks that tcl83.dll is not in my system path.
How should I handle this?
Best regards.
Gang Luo

Quote:

> > I have a Microsoft Vc++ application with tcl embeded, in window
> > environment. I worked fine with tcl80.
> > However, after I have switched to  tcl8.3.4.3 (from Active), my
> > application complained that tcl83.dll cannot be found, although I can
> > see tcl83.dll in c:/tcl/bin.  I also has no problem to use tclsh, which
> > uses tcl83.dll too.

> Where was it finding tcl80.dll?  Normally you just have to have the
> DLLs on the system path, or in the path that is defined when your
> embedded app runs (which may be different).  Make sure tcl83.dll is
> in there.

> --
>     Jeff Hobbs                     The Tcl Guy
>     Senior Developer               http://www.ActiveState.com/
>         Tcl Support and Productivity Solutions
>  Join us in Sept. for Tcl'2002: http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2002/

Mon, 14 Feb 2005 06:33:01 GMT
 help wanted: tcl83.dll is not found by my tcl-emdbeded application
Thank you Jeff for reply.

My tcl80.dll was in c:\winnt\system32.  However, tcl83.dll is in c:/tcl/bin.
Therefore, it looks that tcl83.dll is not in my system path.
How should I handle this?
Best regards.
Gang Luo

Quote:

> > yes i had the same problem on linux.i convert my tcl source to c and
> > compile it with mktclapp.The program was working, when  i installed tcl
> > 8.4b then the program gives "tcl 8.3 library not found" error.That is
> > because of compiling with tcl 8.3..

> Yes, it is an extra trick to make compiled extensions version independent
> of the Tcl core.  This can be done since Tcl 8.1 with the use of the Tcl
> stubs mechanism.

> --
>   Jeff Hobbs                     The Tcl Guy
>   Senior Developer               http://www.ActiveState.com/
>         Tcl Support and Productivity Solutions
>  Join us in Sept. for Tcl'2002: http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2002/

Mon, 14 Feb 2005 06:34:13 GMT
 help wanted: tcl83.dll is not found by my tcl-emdbeded application
Thank you Jeff for reply.

My tcl80.dll was in c:\winnt\system32.  However, tcl83.dll is in c:/tcl/bin.
Therefore, it looks that tcl83.dll is not in my system path.
How should I handle this?
Best regards.
Gang Luo

Quote:

> > I have a Microsoft Vc++ application with tcl embeded, in window
> > environment. I worked fine with tcl80.
> > However, after I have switched to  tcl8.3.4.3 (from Active), my
> > application complained that tcl83.dll cannot be found, although I can
> > see tcl83.dll in c:/tcl/bin.  I also has no problem to use tclsh, which
> > uses tcl83.dll too.

> Where was it finding tcl80.dll?  Normally you just have to have the
> DLLs on the system path, or in the path that is defined when your
> embedded app runs (which may be different).  Make sure tcl83.dll is
> in there.

> --
>     Jeff Hobbs                     The Tcl Guy
>     Senior Developer              http://www.ActiveState.com/
>         Tcl Support and Productivity Solutions
>  Join us in Sept. for Tcl'2002: http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2002/

Mon, 14 Feb 2005 06:33:25 GMT
 help wanted: tcl83.dll is not found by my tcl-emdbeded application

Quote:

> Thank you Jeff for reply.

> My tcl80.dll was in c:\winnt\system32.  However, tcl83.dll is in c:/tcl/bin.
> Therefore, it looks that tcl83.dll is not in my system path.
> How should I handle this?
> Best regards.
> Gang Luo

Add c:/tcl/bin to your search path....

Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:04:28 GMT

1. tcl83.dll and tcl84.dll - compatible?

2. VB program can find VF 5 DLL but not equivalent VF 6.1 DLL

3. Help: java not finding jasper.dll

4. compile error on winnt tcl8.3.4 when at the last create the tcl83.dll

5. Non-stripped tcl83.dll

6. Help: Standalone application does not run (Error #-10007), but development application does

7. Finding which DLL's are need edto ship an application

8. I am not deaf, but am I mute?

9. CW2DOS32.DLL NOT FOUND

10. Dependent DLL's not found

11. C4RUN.DLL NOT FOUND