Tcl books in bookstores
Author Message
 Tcl books in bookstores

This afternoon I stopped into the new B&N in downtown Salt Lake for a few
minutes.  Maybe they're gearing up for the Winter Olympics later this
week, but just in my casual browsing (of the Unix/Linux section) I spotted
six different Tcl books--and I didn't even have time to look in the Web,
Programming, or Networking areas.

I've usually only ever seen one or two at a time (if there were any at
all).  So, just to be supportive, and to round out my collection, I picked
up a copy of Chris Nelson's "Tcl/Tk Programmer's Reference."

:-)

Michael

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 05:56:11 GMT
 Tcl books in bookstores
I would like to recommend www.bookpool.com to people who
buy a lot of programming books.  They deep discount all books,
their shipping is the cheapest I've seen, and their service is
excellent.  New titles are often 30% off, and as much as 40%.
Back-ordered books typically come in less than two weeks!
Quote:

> ... in my casual browsing (of the Unix/Linux section) I spotted
> six different Tcl books--and I didn't even have time to look in the Web,
> Programming, or Networking areas.

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 06:41:04 GMT
 Tcl books in bookstores

:but just in my casual browsing (of the Unix/Linux section) I spotted
:six different Tcl books

Which six?

--
"I know of vanishingly few people ... who choose to use ksh." "I'm a minority!"

Sun, 25 Jul 2004 03:09:47 GMT
 Tcl books in bookstores

Quote:

> :but just in my casual browsing (of the Unix/Linux section) I spotted
> :six different Tcl books

> Which six?

Libes, Exploring Expect
Nelson, Tcl/Tk Programmer's Reference
Ousterhout, Tcl and the Tk Toolkit
Welch, Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk (3rd Ed.)
ORA's Tcl/Tk In a Nutshell
ORA's Tcl/Tk Pocket Reference

Sun, 25 Jul 2004 03:21:24 GMT
 Tcl books in bookstores

:Libes, Exploring Expect
:Nelson, Tcl/Tk Programmer's Reference
:Ousterhout, Tcl and the Tk Toolkit
:Welch, Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk (3rd Ed.)
:ORA's Tcl/Tk In a Nutshell
:ORA's Tcl/Tk Pocket Reference

I wonder if the other 5 or so particularly good ones are there somewhere -
I have on my bookshelf the Smith itcl book, the Harrison/McLennan programming
book. I've been told that the books by Ivler and Ball, as well as the
one by Flynt, are all also very good ones.
--
"I know of vanishingly few people ... who choose to use ksh." "I'm a minority!"

Sun, 25 Jul 2004 03:56:29 GMT

1. No FORTRAN books in bookstore

2. Bookstore NYC for ST-books

3. John Ousterhout in Linux Journal - Tcl/Tk Bookstore Occupation

4. APL Bookstore Now On-Line

5. What's in the Bookstore

6. Browsing in Borders Bookstore

7. Bookstores and Learning Forth