GDB-Tcl : A new paradigm for debugging
Author Message
 GDB-Tcl : A new paradigm for debugging

Hi folks,

We are working on a de{*filter*} which incorporates scripting capability.
Made possible by a Tcl interpreter for gdb, we believe that it will provide
great power and flexibility for the user for debugging.

Using this paradigm, we hope to elevate the state of de{*filter*} development
from an arcane art to the user domain. One can build many de{*filter*}s atop
a basic de{*filter*}, as we have done - with new and powerful features that
are specific to the underlying computational model.

We have succesfully used the paradigm to develop a de{*filter*} for pthreads,
with abilitites to list threads, threads on mutexes etc and also program
the de{*filter*} to find data races, deadlocks, stack corruption and more...

Please check the following web page for more info

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~halbhavi/de{*filter*}.html

Cheers

Sudhir Halbhavi

Tue, 21 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Loadable modules - New paradigm of Tcl programming?

2. Debugging GPM modula2 using gdb

3. debugging extensions with gdb

4. Debugging extensions with gdb

5. debug verilog-PLI using gdb ?

6. debugging ada with gdb

7. labels in gas and debugging using gdb

8. Debug tasks with GDB

9. debug with DDD (gdb)

10. gdb question (debugging f77 code)

11. using gdb to debug extensions on irix6.5

12. debugging F90 programs using gdb on compaq-alpha