Need library of Tcl financial functions
Author Message
 Need library of Tcl financial functions

*** post for FREE via your newsreader at post.newsfeeds.com ***

Hi!
Is there a library (written in Tcl) of  financial functions (with source
code) that I can download? Can anyone help me please? Thank you in
advance!

http://www.*-*-*.com/ - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----==  Over 90,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 22:25:57 GMT
 Need library of Tcl financial functions

Quote:

>Is there a library (written in Tcl) of  financial functions (with source
>code) that I can download? Can anyone help me please? Thank you in
>advance!

None that I know of, but I've been thinking of writing such a beast
along with a Tk wrapper.  I already have an annuity payment calculator
written.  If there is general interest, let me know what you'd like
to see.  I'll have time to work on it because....

I'm taking an early retirement offer from my company.  I have no
immediate plans so I'm going to have time to do some Tcl tinkering.
(I'm available to do Tcl consulting and training if anyone is
looking for help. I'm especially good at client/server programmming
and GUI development and have done extensive OO work in [incr Tcl]).

Jeff David

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 22:25:29 GMT
 Need library of Tcl financial functions

Quote:

>>Is there a library (written in Tcl) of  financial functions (with source
>>code) that I can download? Can anyone help me please? Thank you in
>>advance!

>None that I know of, but I've been thinking of writing such a beast
>along with a Tk wrapper.  I already have an annuity payment calculator

                        .
                        .
                        .
'Everybody aware that the Wiki is a good place for such
work?  <URL: http://mini.net/tcl/819.html >, for example,
is a natural place to start.
--

Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net
Personal:  http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/home.html

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 23:41:55 GMT
 Need library of Tcl financial functions

Quote:

>> Is there a library (written in Tcl) of financial functions (with
>> source code) that I can download? Can anyone help me please? Thank
>> you in advance!
> None that I know of, but I've been thinking of writing such a beast
> along with a Tk wrapper.  I already have an annuity payment
> calculator written.  If there is general interest, let me know what
> you'd like to see.  I'll have time to work on it because....
> I'm taking an early retirement offer from my company.  I have no
> immediate plans so I'm going to have time to do some Tcl tinkering.
> (I'm available to do Tcl consulting and training if anyone is
> looking for help. I'm especially good at client/server programmming
> and GUI development and have done extensive OO work in [incr Tcl]).

Do you think it is possible for you to write these in the framework of
tcllib ? Possibly even as part of the 'math' module.

(Also note the 'matrix' and 'report' modules which are part of the
tcllib CVS head. A spreadsheet engine, tcl or C, would be
nice. Connect these with a tkTable for display, or 'moodss' for
piecharts, BLT for timeseries graphs, scatter plots etc ... You get my
meaning I guess :)

The above also means that it shouldn't be that difficult to write the
financial functions if there is no package for them already.

--
Sincerely,

        Private         <http://www.purl.org/NET/akupries/>

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 03:05:58 GMT
 Need library of Tcl financial functions

:If there is general interest, let me know what you'd like
:to see.

It would be great if you took a look at http://tcllib.sf.net/ to see
if what you write could fit into that structure.

"See, he's not just anyone ... he's my son."  Mark Schultz

Tue, 02 Dec 2003 02:05:12 GMT
 Need library of Tcl financial functions
Quote:

> *** post for FREE via your newsreader at post.newsfeeds.com ***

> Hi!
> Is there a library (written in Tcl) of  financial functions (with source
> code) that I can download? Can anyone help me please? Thank you in
> advance!

Do you mean "written in pure TCL"? Financial calculations involve
equasions to be solved by method like "trial and error". I don't think
it's good idea to do it in scripts.

Tue, 02 Dec 2003 15:53:27 GMT
 Need library of Tcl financial functions

:Do you mean "written in pure TCL"? Financial calculations involve
:equasions to be solved by method like "trial and error". I don't think
:it's good idea to do it in scripts.

The other thing to consider doing in a financial calculation extension is
to use some special value representation that won't lose accuracy as
calculations go.  Perhaps a simulation of 'packed decimal' ...
"See, he's not just anyone ... he's my son."  Mark Schultz

Thu, 04 Dec 2003 00:48:35 GMT

1. Call Library Function - Function not found in library

2. Wanted (1.3.1): financial partner to develop accounting libraries

3. Financial Library Help??

4. problem with prodomus financial library

5. financial library

6. Adding needed file functions to ISO libraries?

7. Financial / banking class libraries in Ada95 / Ada83

8. Wanted (1.4.1): financial partner to develop accounting libraries

9. Class library for financial area?

10. Tcl hash library functions

11. Threaded Tcl calls non-thread-safe library functions

12. Tcl plugin: inaccessible library functions