Strip tcl scripts
Author Message
 Strip tcl scripts

Hi,
We would like to hide the source files of the executed scripts from our
users. Is there a way to strip the tcl scripts. ( We can't use tcl 8.0
since our application is based on itcl).

Thanks Amir

Mon, 27 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Strip tcl scripts

Quote:

> We would like to hide the source files of the executed scripts from our
> users. Is there a way to strip the tcl scripts. ( We can't use tcl 8.0
> since our application is based on itcl).

Unless you write a very slick name mangling compiler, then any other
type of encryption and last minute decryption can easily be
broken by a smart user who simply dynamically loads in his own
Tcl_CreateTrace callback following the loading of your package.

If you have access to the newsgroup archives, this same question was
raised and extensively discussed a few months ago.
--

Technical Director, Pitkha Info Systems, Jerusalem ISRAEL
tel. +972-5-2875122

Mon, 27 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tcl script to strip mail headers

2. Port TCL script to Wish Can't find variable contents from tcl script

3. Executing Tcl script inside a Tcl script

4. calling a tcl script form another tcl script

5. tcl script to edit tcl script

6. Tcl script exec'd from VMS tcl script doesn't display puts o/p

7. REAL Control Strip 1.0 - control strips for REALbasic applications

8. stripped down tcl intepreter for Linux

9. Any Tcl/Tk strip chart plotting available?

10. stripped down Tcl/Tk

11. Expect script hangs, won't return control to Tcl script

12. Script to tidy Tcl scripts?