How to pass the argv variables from batch file to .tcl file
Author Message
 How to pass the argv variables from batch file to .tcl file

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 12:05:52 -0500, "Valenite"

Quote:

>Hi,

>       Earlier I used to create stand alone executable for TCL files. Now
>that I find that invoking those executables take longer time, I decided to
>use batch file in which I calling the wish83.exe with the tcl script file.

Q) Why are your executables taking a longer time? Is your exec file
that large?

Here are some things to consider:

If you are running Windows, then do you have ample RAM and Hard dRIVE
space for virtual memory?

Have you consider putting up a splash screen to give the user
something to look at, or a progress bar?

Best wishes

js

Quote:

>In the TCL script, I use argv vasriable to open up files. Now I invoke batch
>file, the argument variable goes with batch file.
>How to I redirect this argument variable to the tcl script. It looks more
>like Windows problem than TCL problem.

>I hope somebody would have had this problem and solved it.

>Thanks & Regards
>Kantha.

// signature ------------------------------------
Take the xxx out of my email address.

"Some will believe and rightly so, that there are other
forms of riches more desireable than money. Yes, there
are riches which can not be measured in terms of
dollars, but there are millions of people who will
say, 'Give me all the money I need, and I will find
everything else I want.' "
Napoleon Hill
See http://www.*-*-*.com/

Improve your life, health and wealth awaits for you.
// ---------------------------------------------------

Sun, 23 Jul 2006 13:20:44 GMT

1. How to pass the argv variables from batch file to .tcl file

2. Help: Passing Parameters to Batch Files

3. Passing argc from c file to tcl file

4. Returning a variable to a batch file (DOS)

5. Assembly routine to use a crack on any file, as %1 in a batch file

6. Help : Launching a batch file from tcl under Windows

7. TCL Shell on the Mac to pass argc and argv

8. Pass a file label using a variable

9. Passing a FILE variable from PL1 to ASM

10. pass local variables to loaded file

11. file_get_contents passing variables in the file address

12. Query: Pass variable to DOS bat file