Windows shortcut help...
Author Message
 Windows shortcut help...

Hi All,

I need to analyze some of the content of a Windows shortcut file.  I did
some digging and found "shortcut.dll", which seems capable of returning what
I need.  Now, I'd like to allow the User to _select_ the shortcut file to be
analyzed.

I tried the obvious thing - tk_getOpenFile, but it seems to return the name
of the file being pointed to by the shortcut, not the name of the shortcut
file itself.  I guess this is correct behavior, but not what I want.

So, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff

Mon, 11 Sep 2006 06:38:46 GMT
 Windows shortcut help...

Quote:

> Hi All,

> I need to analyze some of the content of a Windows shortcut file.  I did
> some digging and found "shortcut.dll", which seems capable of returning what
> I need.  Now, I'd like to allow the User to _select_ the shortcut file to be
> analyzed.

> I tried the obvious thing - tk_getOpenFile, but it seems to return the name
> of the file being pointed to by the shortcut, not the name of the shortcut
> file itself.  I guess this is correct behavior, but not what I want.

> So, any suggestions?

> Thanks,

> Jeff

Yes, it looks like the windows file open dialog is too smart for you, it
is internally doing the shortcut translation. Have you tried the unix
file open dialog:

tk::MotifFDialog open

Tom Wilkason

Wed, 13 Sep 2006 01:06:49 GMT
 Windows shortcut help...

:
: > Hi All,
: >
[...]

I had that thought also, but hadn't gotten around to testing it.  I just
did, and it does return the "lnk" file itself - which is what I want.
Unfortunately, the Unix dialog looks _really_ out of place under Windows,
but that may be my only choice...

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jeff

Wed, 13 Sep 2006 02:51:47 GMT

1. Shortcuts for Windows

2. Solving Windows shortcuts

3. windows shortcuts

4. windows shortcuts

5. CLOSE all windows shortcut?

6. Creating Windows shortcut

7. Creating an Shortcut Icon on the Windows Desktop

8. Windows 95 ShortCuts

9. Creating windows shortcuts

10. Resolving windows shortcuts

11. Windows desktop shortcut using Installjammer doesnot work

12. shortcuts / icons / program groups on windows?