redirecting stdin of a Expectk script to a spawned process
Author Message
 redirecting stdin of a Expectk script to a spawned process

Hi there,

I am very new in Expect/k. I tried to automate a program which takes
stdin and have user interaction thru /dev/tty and outputs to stdout
with Expect/k which I assume it can take the job.

Diagrammatically,

stdin -------> Program A -------> stdout
                ^
                | user interaction
/dev/tty -------

is wrapped by the Expect/k script to make sth like

stdin ------->       Expect/k script to -------> stdout
                automate the user
                interaction

Can it be done and how? I tried but I can't redirect the stdin of the
script to the program A, program A waits there indefinitely....

Email is most welcome.

Thanks.
Andrew

Tue, 11 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Expect: redirecting stdin of a spawned program

2. Expectk:Spawning background processes that stay up

3. expectk getting realtime messages from a spawned process.

4. help: defunct processes left by expectk spawns

5. Expectk: spawn in bind script

6. Help redirecting output from spawned process

7. FW: Redirecting output of a spawned process

8. Redirecting output of a spawned process

9. expect: spawn a process and redirect the standard error to a variable

10. spawn a process and redirect the standard error to a variable

11. redirecting stdin with Python scripts under win2k (solution)

12. redirecting output from spawned processes