Running tcl/tk App as NT Service
Author Message
 Running tcl/tk App as NT Service

How can I create a tcl/tl based license-server so that it runs on Windows NT
as an NT service rather than as an NT application?

Thanks,

John

Wed, 24 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Running tcl/tk App as NT Service

Quote:
> How can I create a tcl/tl based license-server so that it runs on
Windows NT
> as an NT service rather than as an NT application?

Have you tried the SRVANY.EXE (sp?) from the Windows NT Resource Kit,
which lets you run darn near any program as a Service?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Thu, 25 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Running tcl/tk App as NT Service

Quote:

> > How can I create a tcl/tl based license-server so that it runs on
> > Windows NT as an NT service rather than as an NT application?

> Have you tried the SRVANY.EXE (sp?) from the Windows NT Resource Kit,
> which lets you run darn near any program as a Service?

FWIW, there's also "tclsvc", by Matt Newman:
        http://www.sensus.org/tcl/index.htm

-jcw

Thu, 25 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Running tcl/tk App as NT Service
[...]

Quote:
> FWIW, there's also "tclsvc", by Matt Newman:
>         http://www.sensus.org/tcl/index.htm

Oops, that didn't come out right.  I know little about NT.  I meant to
point to Matt's solution without having tried it, knowing how top-notch
his other stuff is, not to cast *any* doubt on the worth of tclsvc.

-- Jean-Claude, non-native English speaker

Thu, 25 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Question on CW app as an NT service, running Command Line PGP

2. Problem running tcl/tk application while other XWindows apps running

3. Running Compiled tk/C apps on machines w/o tcl/tk installed

4. Running tk apps without tcl/tk

5. Tcl script running as NT service fails

6. Porting tcl/tk app Solaris -> NT

7. Tcl/Tk apps run in mono when Netscape is up

8. TCL/TK for Windows NT: Expect running?

9. converting Java app to Tcl/Tk ( new thread for all the tcl/tk itcl gurus)

10. tcl/tk 8.0 problem with Windows app that calls tcl/tk script

11. shipping tcl/tk apps to users who don't have tcl/tk installed

12. Running a Tcl/Tk applet within a Tcl/Tk program