segmentation violation error message
Author Message
 segmentation violation error message

Recently I encountered segmentation violation or fault error message on
my linux server with TCL scripts, it was running for a long time and
working fine. Now I could see this kind of error frequently. I thought
it was corruption of TCL, then I updated my tcl to latest 8.4.12, but I
still could see this issue. What happened to my server, should I
reinstall the linux or repair? what is the cause? I was running same
thing as before. Any guru knows how to solve this issue? thanks in
advance.

/zhenwu

Sun, 28 Sep 2008 10:36:19 GMT
 segmentation violation error message

Quote:

> Recently I encountered segmentation violation or fault error
> message on my linux server with TCL scripts, it was running
> for a long time and working fine. Now I could see this kind
> of error frequently. I thought it was corruption of TCL, then
> I updated my tcl to latest 8.4.12, but I still could see this
> issue. What happened to my server, should I reinstall the linux
> or repair? what is the cause? I was running same thing as before.
> Any guru knows how to solve this issue? thanks in advance.

> /zhenwu

Can you give some more information.  Does this only happen on one computer,
or does it happen on any computer running the same application?  Does it
occur in the same area of code?  Does it occur on a consistent basis (for
example, every day), or a random basis (every once in a while)?

Mon, 29 Sep 2008 00:51:48 GMT
 segmentation violation error message

This happens to one pc, which was running well. It happens randomly. I
have another pc which runs exact same thing, it works fine. The
frequency is once a day.

thanks.

/zhenwu

Mon, 29 Sep 2008 01:25:27 GMT
 segmentation violation error message

Quote:

> This happens to one pc, which was running well. It happens randomly. I
> have another pc which runs exact same thing, it works fine. The
> frequency is once a day.

Then I would first suspect a hardware problem.

Mon, 29 Sep 2008 02:23:19 GMT

1. Segmentation Violation error in f77

2. segmentation violation error

3. Error: <child killed: segmentation violation>

4. Segmentation Violations

5. Segmentation Violations

6. HELP! *** RECURSIVE TRAP: SEGMENTATION VIOLATION BadVA = 00000000H

7. Segmentation Violation??

8. MSPwrstn4: Access Violation/Segmentation fault

9. Segmentation violation starting thread on DEC UNIX

10. Requesting help with a Segmentation Violation

11. Segmentation Violation help...

12. segmentation violation