Piping stdout within Tcl
Author Message
 Piping stdout within Tcl

I have one tcl-module that writes output to the stdout using puts.  I'd like
to pipe the output into another tcl-module.  Is it possible in tcl, to
create a thread that reads whatever is written to stdout by another
module/procedure?

Agnar Renolen
Trondheim,

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Piping stdout within Tcl
Yes,
Take a look at the 'exec' command.
-Tom K.
Quote:

> I have one tcl-module that writes output to the stdout using puts.  I'd like
> to pipe the output into another tcl-module.  Is it possible in tcl, to
> create a thread that reads whatever is written to stdout by another
> module/procedure?

> Agnar Renolen
> Trondheim,

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Piping perl STDOUT ($|=1) to Tcl addinput

2. Can I change stdout/stderr from within Tcl?

3. named pipes usage within tcl

4. (VA Smalltalk) - StdIn/StdOut - or - Named Pipes

5. Piping stdout to a Rexx queue?

6. Displaying and piping stdout simultaneously

7. Piping stdout/stderr to RXQUEUE while keeping rc

8. Piping stdout & stderr to RXQUEUE

9. PIPING STDOUT & STDER

10. Detecting pipe on stdout?

11. Parsing stdout through a pipe?

12. Problem piping stdout to text widget