Small animated icon or bitmap somewhere?
Author Message
 Small animated icon or bitmap somewhere?

Hello out there,
for visually showing that a program is performing some lengthy
operation I want to have some animation. I hunted on the wiki and
found
- Flashing light simulation (mini.net/tcl/12820) by RS and
- Spiral (mini.net/tcl/11904)  - incidentally by RS, too
but both of them don't look nice when scaled down to a size of 18 x 18
or so.
When Firefox / Mozilla is fetching a new page, it has an animated 'arc
with arrow' circling in its upper right corner, which I find quite
nice, but I don't really have an idea how to realise something alike.
Any guidance into the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Helmut Giese

Wed, 17 Oct 2007 22:49:42 GMT
 Small animated icon or bitmap somewhere?

Quote:

> Hello out there,
> for visually showing that a program is performing some lengthy
> operation I want to have some animation. I hunted on the wiki and
> found
> - Flashing light simulation (mini.net/tcl/12820) by RS and
> - Spiral (mini.net/tcl/11904)  - incidentally by RS, too
> but both of them don't look nice when scaled down to a size of 18 x 18
> or so.
> When Firefox / Mozilla is fetching a new page, it has an animated 'arc
> with arrow' circling in its upper right corner, which I find quite
> nice, but I don't really have an idea how to realise something alike.
> Any guidance into the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
> Helmut Giese

 From the wiki: http://wiki.tcl.tk/4882

Remeber you have to be entering the event loop for the afters to fire and
the GUI changes to take place.

--
+--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| Gerald W. Lester               | "The man who fights for his ideals is |

+--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+

Thu, 18 Oct 2007 02:39:51 GMT

Did you look in http://wiki.tcl.tk/icons to see if there were something?

--

Thu, 18 Oct 2007 17:56:05 GMT
 Small animated icon or bitmap somewhere?

Quote:

> From the wiki: http://wiki.tcl.tk/4882

Thanks for the link. Animated gif - hm, maybe I find something which
fits, given that I would never attempt to produce / create any images
myself.

Quote:
>Remeber you have to be entering the event loop for the afters to fire and
>the GUI changes to take place.

Thanks for the reminder. This is for a Tk app, though, so it will be
taken care of automatically.
Best regards
Helmut Giese

Thu, 18 Oct 2007 20:40:56 GMT
 Small animated icon or bitmap somewhere?

Quote:

>:for visually showing that a program is performing some lengthy
>:operation I want to have some animation.

>Did you look in http://wiki.tcl.tk/icons to see if there were something?

In a different context I did in fact. But it wouldn't help with
animation.
Thanks and best regards
Helmut Giese

Thu, 18 Oct 2007 20:49:57 GMT
 Small animated icon or bitmap somewhere?

Quote:

> Hello out there,
> for visually showing that a program is performing some lengthy
> operation I want to have some animation. I hunted on the wiki and
 > ..
> Helmut Giese

Hi Helmut,

something like this: http://wiki.tcl.tk/14082 ?

the oval could be replaced with anything, some stickdrawing, .. ,

in every timestep raise the mask (tag=bg) and
then raise the items that should be currently visible

uwe

Fri, 19 Oct 2007 00:23:37 GMT

1. Bitmap for icon != bitmap for button?

2. cursor wait icon change to animated icon

3. Animated Icons in VA

4. using Animated icons in C4 ?

5. Can Cw2.3 use Animated icons ????

6. Animated Icons

7. VX-Rexx: Animated Icons?

8. Animated "icon"

9. Animating an icon on the desktop (fvwm)

10. bitmap on smaller screen

11. Splash bitmap and icon changes in VA 3.0 package

12. Bitmap and icon in OE lost after VC4.0