'logger' package added to tcllib CVS
Author Message
 'logger' package added to tcllib CVS

For those interested in this sort of thing, I added the 'logger'
package to the tcllib CVS head yesterday.  This code provides logging
services, but with a lot of extra things that 'log' doesn't have -
first and foremost, the concept of services, so that you can seperate
out all the different things going on in your systema and specify
which ones you want to hear about.  It's also relatively fast, both
when turned on, and even more importantly, when disabled.  If you
really pull out all the stops, your code is *almost* as fast as not
having any logging command at all, when turned off, at least in Tcl
8.4.

In any case, happy Tcl'ing,
--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 05 Jun 2005 09:32:41 GMT

1. abort transfers in tcllib's ftp package?

2. problems with tcllib's pop3 package

3. Updated ftp package available from tcllib in CVS

4. New nntp client package in tcllib in CVS

5. How about a CVS interaction package in tcllib?

6. Proposal to add procs for typed options to cmdline module of tcllib package

7. Q: auto_path extension by tcllib's/tklib's pkgIndex.tcl

8. TclPro, tcllib's pop3, TclTidy, etc...what I'm up to

9. tcllib: missing subdir 'config'?

10. problem with adding a package, couldn't find procedure Isqltcl_Init

11. distutils won't add data file to package dir

12. tcllib "logger" module question