wish fatal error: invalid command "html"
Author Message
 wish fatal error: invalid command "html"

Hi,
I installed TCl/Tk 8.2 I'm trying to run a c project using tcl.
 It prompts an errors:
wish fatal error: invalid command "html"

Would you help me to get rid of them,plz?

Fri, 07 Nov 2008 19:45:47 GMT
 wish fatal error: invalid command "html"
Since you installed it yourself I am going to assume you didn't install
Tcllib as well (which has the html package).

http://wiki.tcl.tk/12099

HTH

Robert

Fri, 07 Nov 2008 19:54:05 GMT
 wish fatal error: invalid command "html"
I used tcl823.exe. Is it possible to be installed not properly?

Fri, 07 Nov 2008 20:22:08 GMT
 wish fatal error: invalid command "html"
Quote:

> Since you installed it yourself I am going to assume you didn't install
> Tcllib as well (which has the html package).

> http://wiki.tcl.tk/12099

> HTH

> Robert

The command html does not come from tcllib, tcllib has a html package,
but its command are inside the ::html namespace.

Its probably the tkhtml html display widget your missing, which has a
html command.

See: http://wiki.tcl.tk/tkhtml

Michael

Fri, 07 Nov 2008 21:05:43 GMT
 wish fatal error: invalid command "html"
#1 Where did you get it?

#2 Show us the offending code, so someone better than I can help.  :)

Robert

Fri, 07 Nov 2008 21:06:38 GMT
 wish fatal error: invalid command "html"
#1 I got it from http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.2.html .

#2 It is NEW,a open source project.(
http://netlab.gmu.edu/NEW/OpenSource/NEWWBD/ )

Elnaz

Sat, 08 Nov 2008 14:35:09 GMT
 wish fatal error: invalid command "html"
That's weird.

It claims to be Tcl/Tk 8.2 . It certainly invokes an "html" command.
However, there's no package require for anything other than tcl and tk,
and I don't see a proc called html defined anywhere.

Sat, 08 Nov 2008 21:45:45 GMT

1. wish error: invalid command name "tk_bindForTraversal"

2. Error: invalid command name "package"

3. "Pythonj Fatal error: UNREF invalid object

4. Invalid command name ""

5. invalid command name "support_init"

6. Bug: invalid command name ".tearoff14"

7. invalid command name "else"

8. invalid command name "berkdb"

9. newbie question "invalid command name"

10. Tracelook 1.20 "Invalid command name wm"

11. Need help: "invalid command tcl_findLibrary"

12. invalid command name "tcl_findLibrary"