Problem with left mouse button in TCL based programs
Author Message
 Problem with left mouse button in TCL based programs

Hello,

I have a problem with selection from the pop-down menu in TCL based

programs (Graphviz, netmath):

When selecting from the menu with left mouse button, the menu appears
as expected, but this menu does not respond to the left mouse button
click.

If the left button is used, the menu dissapears with no response.

(e.g. in NetMath: click on edit opens a pop-down menu with a selection
from several available programs, but after selection with the left
mouse button the pop-up menu dissapears and the old value is not
changed.)

This

behaviour has been reproduced on 3 computers using RedHat 7.x and
several

versions of TCL , including Active State 8.3.4.1

I have spent last two hours trying to find a similar problem on the
net, but with no luck.

Thanks for any suggestion.

                                 Mila

Sat, 03 Jul 2004 20:38:48 GMT
 Problem with left mouse button in TCL based programs

> When selecting from the menu with left mouse button, the menu appears
> as expected, but this menu does not respond to the left mouse button
> click.

> If the left button is used, the menu dissapears with no response.

Have you been able to reproduce this problem with the basic
demos that come with Tk?

--
  Jeff Hobbs                     The Tcl Guy
  Senior Developer               http://www.ActiveState.com/

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 09:26:16 GMT

1. left mouse button = right mouse button

2. Drag&Drop with left mouse button

3. Application runs slow except clicking titlebar using left mouse button

4. tclX has no left mouse-button

5. Left handed mouse problems

6. Problems With button.left in 4.5

7. Problems in installing Tcl/Tk based programs

8. detecting mouse motion at mouse button release

9. Mid Mouse Button/ Tcl/tk 80.0 under NT 4.0

10. Setting-Up Windows95 FileManager Right Mouse Button for Tcl/Tk

11. Mouse buttons in Mac Tcl/Tk

12. leftmouse button is right mouse button ???