maximizing windows in motif and windows
Author Message
 maximizing windows in motif and windows

Hi,

How can utilise the "maximize window" option available in most window managers thru Tcl/Tk?
I could not find any doc or faq entry about this, so I had to bother you with this seemingly trivial
question. Thanks in advance.

--Tolga Goktekin

PS: I'm using Tcl/Tk 8.0.4 at the moment.

Tue, 02 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 maximizing windows in motif and windows

Quote:

> Hi,

> How can utilise the "maximize window" option available in most window managers thru Tcl/Tk?
> I could not find any doc or faq entry about this, so I had to bother you with this seemingly trivial
> question. Thanks in advance.

> --Tolga Goktekin

> PS: I'm using Tcl/Tk 8.0.4 at the moment.

I don't think there is a direct way to do it.  You can do something like

    set w [ winfo screenwidth . ]
    set h [ winfo screenheight . ]

    wm geometry . $wx$h+0+0

This will get it close, but not quite exact (at least it didn't for me).  I ended up just trying values
for h and w until I got an exact screen fit. It's not portable, but it does the job.  I wish they would
implement a [ wm maximize . ] that works exactly.

--

Russ Paielli

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/9488

Tue, 02 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie unable to kill window after Maximizing window.

2. Window Handle / Maximize dos window ???

3. On Windows, don't use a maximize box if the Windows is not resizable

4. Embedding Motif window in Tcl/TK window

5. Code to maximize console window?

6. Code to maximize console window?

7. maximizing a window?

8. Maximizing a windows (under WindowsNT)

9. How to get rid of maximize button in Windows

10. Maximizing a window on open with VW

11. VAST: Maximize windows under WinNT?

12. how do I maximize a window?