ANNOUNCE - DDE 2.0 Bugfix 4 Release
Author Message
 ANNOUNCE - DDE 2.0 Bugfix 4 Release

I have put on my web site a minor bugfix release of the DDE 2.0 package.
The update corrects the handling of characters whose ASCII code value is
greater than 127. The new release now returns these characters, used
mostly by non-english applications, in a manner so that they display
correctly.

DDE 2.0 is a stubs based Tcl extension that implements most of the
features of the Windows DDEML facility. It provides connection oriented
interfaces to applications that support DDE based access and allows the
development of DDE servers entirely in Tcl.

--
Iain B. Findleton
http://www.*-*-*.com/

(514)457-0744

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 21:02:42 GMT
 ANNOUNCE - DDE 2.0 Bugfix 4 Release
Thanks Iain, that is helpful.
        Harald
Quote:

> I have put on my web site a minor bugfix release of the DDE 2.0 package.
> The update corrects the handling of characters whose ASCII code value is
> greater than 127. The new release now returns these characters, used
> mostly by non-english applications, in a manner so that they display
> correctly.

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:19:41 GMT
 ANNOUNCE - DDE 2.0 Bugfix 4 Release
This is an important fix for all the non-english users and I think it could
help debuging some other compiled extensions (I had the same problem with a
Windows COM extensions). Therefore it would be nice to write clearly
somewhere in the tcl C extension documentation how to be sure to manage
correctly the non-english characters since encodings made things a little
bit more complicated...

JM.

Quote:
> I have put on my web site a minor bugfix release of the DDE 2.0 package.
> The update corrects the handling of characters whose ASCII code value is
> greater than 127. The new release now returns these characters, used
> mostly by non-english applications, in a manner so that they display
> correctly.

> DDE 2.0 is a stubs based Tcl extension that implements most of the
> features of the Windows DDEML facility. It provides connection oriented
> interfaces to applications that support DDE based access and allows the
> development of DDE servers entirely in Tcl.

> --
> Iain B. Findleton
> http://pages.infinit.net/cclients

> (514)457-0744

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:50:29 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: Containers 1.2 Bugfix Release

2. ANNOUNCE - Fltk 0.3 Bugfix Release 0b1

3. DDE DDE DDE DDE DDE ( once more, help needed )

4. Announcing the release of DFKI Oz 2.0

5. Announcing the release of DFKI Oz 2.0

6. ANNOUNCE: Octave Version 2.0 released

7. ANNOUNCE: CyberToolbox 2.0 for Java Released !

8. Announce: OpenToken 2.0 released

9. Announcing the release of DFKI Oz 2.0

10. ANNOUNCE: ActiveState TclPro 2.0 Beta 1 release and Tcl Webcast

11. ANNOUNCE: Tclpp 2.0 final release

12. ANNOUNCE: Freewrap version 2.0 released