Accessing Windows DLL
Author Message
 Accessing Windows DLL

        I would expect this to be in the primer, or a FAQ, but so far have not found an
answer.  How can I load functions from Windows DLLs into Tcl so that I can
invoke them in my script?

        Thanks,

/|/|ike

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 13:51:27 GMT
 Accessing Windows DLL

        DOH!  Just because "load" starts with an "L" does not mean it is a list function!

        *SIGH*

        The letters on the screen are starting to dance - does that mean they're happy?

/|/|ike

Quote:

>     I would expect this to be in the primer, or a FAQ, but so far have
> not found an answer.  How can I load functions from Windows DLLs into
> Tcl so that I can invoke them in my script?

>     Thanks,

> /|/|ike

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 13:56:31 GMT
 Accessing Windows DLL

        Okay, I read that and I still don't know what to do.  Apparently "load" is only
good for DLLs which have initialization functions in them.  Of course, I'm
probably missing something here.  If anyone would be so kind as to point me to
the instructions for invoking functions in Windows DLLs, I'd appreciate it.

/|/|ike

Quote:

>     DOH!  Just because "load" starts with an "L" does not mean it is a
> list function!

>     *SIGH*

>     The letters on the screen are starting to dance - does that mean
> they're happy?

> /|/|ike

>>     I would expect this to be in the primer, or a FAQ, but so far have
>> not found an answer.  How can I load functions from Windows DLLs into
>> Tcl so that I can invoke them in my script?

>>     Thanks,

>> /|/|ike

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 14:16:33 GMT
 Accessing Windows DLL
Look into ffidl at http://elf.org/ffidl/ (although alternatives exist as well).

Good luck,
Rob

Quote:

> Okay, I read that and I still don't know what to do.  Apparently "load" is
only
> good for DLLs which have initialization functions in them.  Of course, I'm
> probably missing something here.  If anyone would be so kind as to point me to
> the instructions for invoking functions in Windows DLLs, I'd appreciate it.

> /|/|ike

> >     DOH!  Just because "load" starts with an "L" does not mean it is a
> > list function!

> >     *SIGH*

> >     The letters on the screen are starting to dance - does that mean
> > they're happy?

> > /|/|ike

> >>     I would expect this to be in the primer, or a FAQ, but so far have
> >> not found an answer.  How can I load functions from Windows DLLs into
> >> Tcl so that I can invoke them in my script?

> >>     Thanks,

> >> /|/|ike

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 14:35:32 GMT
 Accessing Windows DLL

Quote:

>    I would expect this to be in the primer, or a FAQ, but so far have not found an
>answer.  How can I load functions from Windows DLLs into Tcl so that I can
>invoke them in my script?

>    Thanks,

>/|/|ike

Write an extension for it.
--

[species: human; planet: earth,milkyway,alpha sector]
Please be aware of the 7.5 year ping times when placing a call from alpha centari

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 17:27:35 GMT
 Accessing Windows DLL

Quote:

>>        I would expect this to be in the primer, or a FAQ, but so far have not found an
>>answer.  How can I load functions from Windows DLLs into Tcl so that I can
>>invoke them in my script?

>>        Thanks,

>>/|/|ike

>Write an extension for it.

To more precise, Tcl is a glue language.  It can hook a number of
"modules" together and acts as the go between.  Most everything "special"
added to Tcl is through extensions which is how one adds special
functionality.

http://www.tcl.tk/doc/integration.html#Tcl
--

[species: human; planet: earth,milkyway,alpha sector]
Please be aware of the 7.5 year ping times when placing a call from alpha centari

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 17:48:13 GMT
 Accessing Windows DLL

Quote:

>Look into ffidl at http://elf.org/ffidl/ (although alternatives exist as well).

                        .
                        .
                        .
I recommend starting with <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ffidl >,
which includes examples, as well as pointers to some of the
alternatives.
--

Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net
Personal:  http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/home.html

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 22:39:36 GMT

1. accessing windows DLL's from RealBasic

2. How to use Pythonwin's ability to access windows dll's???

3. Can you access a Windows DLL from Clipper?

4. *.dll for direct port access under Windows NT

5. RXCOMM.DLL for windows, provides access to serial communications devices

6. How do you access DLL functions using Regina REXX under Windows NT

7. Newbie: Windows DLL Access

8. Access of 16 Bit DLLs from Windows NT

9. Access to MS Windows DLLs w/Visualworks

10. Access to Access Databases with Windows Regina?

11. accessing access from Python on windows

12. Using Windows DLLs NOT Created in Clarion for Windows