Recognizing wrapped lines
Author Message
 Recognizing wrapped lines

In files I'm processing, some lines are data of interest, some are not.
To complicate matters, the data lines may be wrapped. It is pretty
straightforward to build a regular expression to recognize the whole
data lines. Is there a straightforward way to recognize the data when it
is spread across multilple lines, especially since I don't know where in
the record it may get wrapped?

Thanks!

Andrew Robinson

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 02:13:45 GMT
 Recognizing wrapped lines
I suspect the reason you haven't gotten a reply is that it really
depends on the nature of the lines. There is no generic way to join
lines once they have been wrapped - the original information is lost.

But if you know e.g. "all lines begin with FOO", or some other way of
identifying wrapped lines, then it is rather straight forward. But the
first step is to reconstruct the original lines, using knowledge of the
specific line format in question.

The easiest is of course to start out with lines that aren't wrapped.
Can't you get the files before they get wrapped?

Peter

Sat, 01 Mar 2003 08:30:25 GMT

1. Line wrapping

2. Line wrapping in listboxes?

3. Edit field line wrapping

4. Line Wrapping

5. Line-wrap test

6. Wrapping long lines

7. disable line wrap in xterm??

8. How to do line wrapping?

9. line wrapping in news messages

10. Scrolling wrapped lines

11. textbox scrolling malfunctions with wrapped lines

12. wanted: tcl proc to wrap lines of text