Sounding the alarm bell on a workstation
Author Message
 Sounding the alarm bell on a workstation

I have the book "Tcl and the Tk Toolkit" to hand and I have started
developing some (simple) applications.

I would like to sound the bell (alarm) on the display station but I cannot
locate how to do this in Tcl/Tk. Is this possible and if so how?

Chris Brett
Information Services Asia-Pacific

Sat, 08 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Sounding the alarm bell on a workstation

Quote:

> I have the book "Tcl and the Tk Toolkit" to hand and I have started
> developing some (simple) applications.

> I would like to sound the bell (alarm) on the display station but I cannot
> locate how to do this in Tcl/Tk.

that book is increasingly outdated.  you need a recent Tk with the
bell command... 8.0, 4.2, 4.1?  4.0?

--
Hume dot Smith at Dess dot Tallships dot iStar dot CA

So what's so special about "head over heels", anyway?

Tue, 11 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Sounding the alarm bell on a workstation

Quote:

>I would like to sound the bell (alarm) on the display station but I cannot
>locate how to do this in Tcl/Tk. Is this possible and if so how?

bell

--
    Jeffrey Hobbs               "I'm really just a Tcl-bot"
    jeff.hobbs at acm.org | Jeffrey.Hobbs at oen.siemens.de

Tue, 11 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to sound alarm after interval of time?

2. alarm sound needed+cycle

3. sounding the alarm ?

4. Newbie: How to sound an alarm

5. Bell sound

6. clipper dos sound to windows sound card

7. Sound through the sound card for MSWLogo?

8. REXX: Sound.CMD --- simple sound player !

9. sound WAVE sound

10. SOUND-a-SOUND

11. snack sound and multiple sound cards

12. Is there a way to sound a bell in a tcl script when running a script over a telnet onto a linux console ?