ANNOUNCE: molwgt.tcl - A molecular weight calculator (using regsub)
Author Message
 ANNOUNCE: molwgt.tcl - A molecular weight calculator (using regsub)

Hello,
I've written a program which analyzes a chemical formula to calculate
the corresponding molecular weight.  This is the initial release.  It
runs within a terminal window on various unix / linux distributions
(chmod 755 mw.tcl first!) and at a cmd prompt in Windows (on Windows,
run tclsh and source mw.tcl).  The most interesting code is contained
within two lines -- the second line is a set of nested regsubs.

The program is interactive.  The user provides input like H2O or
(NH4)2SO4 and the program returns the molecular weight.

See http://www.*-*-*.com/ (on this page, there's a
link to SourceForge.net, from which you can download the .zip file).

Thank you,
Paul Takemura

Sun, 28 Sep 2008 08:16:16 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: molwgt.tcl - A molecular weight calculator (using regsub)
The Wiki page http://wiki.tcl.tk/15855 is meant to collect all kinds
of physical formulae - I would not mind seeing a chemical one appear
either.

Would you be willing to contribute your package?

Regards,

Arjen

Tue, 21 Oct 2008 22:27:47 GMT

1. Molecular Tcl

2. Calculator cgi/Subnet calculator

3. {Tcl 8.0 / cgi.tcl 1.2} Unescaping a string, or Actually [doing] something in regsub

4. regsub in tcl 7.3 and tcl 7.4

5. ANNOUNCE: Chu Space Calculator

6. ANNOUNCE: Enhanced regsub v1.0

7. Light Weight Processes with Tcl?

8. Announce: Visualization of Verilog Simulation using TCL/TK

9. using string. vs regex/regsub: an example

10. using string vs regex/regsub: an example

11. using string. vs regex/regsub: an example

12. ANNOUNCE: Using Xlib With Tcl/Tk Tutorial