custom Tk_Main using Tcl/Tk 8.0
Author Message
 custom Tk_Main using Tcl/Tk 8.0

I would like to know if the custom Tk_Main template that was written in
Welch's book, Practical Programming in Tcl & Tk, 1st edition, chap 30.
Can still be done with Tcl/Tk 8.0?  The original code was written for
Tcl7.4/Tk4.0.  I've inherited someone else's program and need to upgrade
it using a new version of Tcl/Tk.

I noticed in Welch's 3rd edition of his book, that the Tk main template
has been deleted.  I would like to know if there is a way to get the
same type template using the new Tcl/Tk?  The reason is that the
original code was written to interface with another process.  Because of
this, I don't think using the standard Tk_Main/Tk_AppInit deal may work.

Ted Tafoni

Sun, 03 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. using custom tcl/tk image widget from python ?

2. Mixing Xevents and Tcl/Tk events with tcl/tk version 8.0/8.2

3. tcl/tk 8.0 problem with Windows app that calls tcl/tk script

4. Problems with HP-UX 8.0 and Tcl/TK 8.0

5. Problem with modal dialog when using Tcl/Tk 8.0

6. using a C++ DLL with Tcl/tk 8.0

7. Using Tcl/Tk 8.0 as WebStar CGI

8. Using Xlib drawing inside Tcl/Tk 8.0 on Windows Platform

9. Install Program using TCL/TK 8.0 problems w/exec

10. ANNOUNCE: Tcl 8.0 and Tk 8.0 releases

11. Bug Found in Tcl 8.0/Tk 8.0

12. Is Tcl-DP for tcl/tk 8.0 available?