SYNCHRONIZED SCROLLING, or, ONE SCROLLBAR TO SCROLL 2CanvasesWindows
Author Message
 SYNCHRONIZED SCROLLING, or, ONE SCROLLBAR TO SCROLL 2CanvasesWindows

SYNCHRONIZED SCROLLING or ONE SCROLLBAR TO SCROLL TWO CANVASES
I need to create
        a) either, two canvases with synchronized scrollbars, such that
        scrolling one should also scroll the other

or
        b) a single scrollbar that scrolls two windows (the -command
does not permit this)

actually, let me post my scenario - I am sure someone before me has
seen this...

I have a huge canvas (20000x20000) pixels with attached ruler lines in
both the X and Y directions (I could live with just the
Y dimension). When scrolling the canvas vertically, I need a way to
scroll the scale as well - and also ensure that the scale is
visible when I scroll in the X-direction.

ANY help will be much appreciated !

Thanx in advance,
Swagato Basumallick.

Tue, 23 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 SYNCHRONIZED SCROLLING, or, ONE SCROLLBAR TO SCROLL 2CanvasesWindows

Quote:

>SYNCHRONIZED SCROLLING or ONE SCROLLBAR TO SCROLL TWO CANVASES
>I need to create
>    a) either, two canvases with synchronized scrollbars, such that
>    scrolling one should also scroll the other
>or
>    b) a single scrollbar that scrolls two windows (the -command
>does not permit this)

Tkdiff has this feature.

Thu, 25 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Scrolling two different widgets will one scrollbar

2. Scrolling two listboxes with one scrollbar?

3. Scroll multiple windows with one scrollbar ?

4. scrolling multiple windows with one scrollbar

5. Two canvas scrolled simultaneously by the same scrollbar (an UNIQUE scrollbar and TWO or more canvas)

6. Synchronizing two text- widgets to one scrollbar ?

7. Scrolled Window automatically scrolling

8. To scroll or not to scroll?

9. Mouse wheel doesn't scroll text scroll bar

10. only add a scroll bar when the window is minimized and scroll bar is needed

11. ListBox / ScrollBar: Fire Event on Scroll

12. Scroll - what|where exactly wire widget and scrollbar?