Adding Libraries To Expect For Windows NT
Author Message
 Adding Libraries To Expect For Windows NT

Hi,

I'm using Expect for Windows NT (snap 29). In Exploring Expect I ran
across "...it is possible to prepare an index file which describes the
library contents in such a way that Tcl knows which library to load
based on the command name." Can I create a library of Expect proc's
which gets loaded when someone uses anyone of those proc's (running an
Expect script from the command line or running Expect as an
interactive interpreter) or can I create the same library and force
Expect to load it (the created library full of Expect proc's)
everytime Expect is invoked from the command line or as an interactive
interpreter.

The global var, "auto_path", points to sub-folder of where Expect was
loaded.

Thanks in advance for all responses.

john

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 08:39:42 GMT
 Adding Libraries To Expect For Windows NT

Quote:

>Hi,

>I'm using Expect for Windows NT (snap 29). In Exploring Expect I ran
>across "...it is possible to prepare an index file which describes the
>library contents in such a way that Tcl knows which library to load
>based on the command name." Can I create a library of Expect proc's
>which gets loaded when someone uses anyone of those proc's (running an
>Expect script from the command line or running Expect as an
>interactive interpreter) or can I create the same library and force
>Expect to load it (the created library full of Expect proc's)
>everytime Expect is invoked from the command line or as an interactive
>interpreter.

>The global var, "auto_path", points to sub-folder of where Expect was
>loaded.

                        .
                        .
                        .
Yes.  Read the references found in <URL: http://mini.net/tcl/package >.

Or don't.  I have a personal belief that the package mechanism is a
poor choice for beginners with Tcl (or Expect), and that you're likely
to be better off with the source (and .expectrc, in particular) mech-
anism I described in a posting earlier today.  Be aware, though, that
mine is a minority view, in this regard; a majority of experienced Tcl-
ers *do* appear to think [package] is a good way to go.
--

Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net
Personal:  http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/home.html

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 09:28:50 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: ActiveState Adds Expect for Windows to ActiveTcl

2. Embed Extension To Windows NT Expect

3. Expect with Windows NT problem - HELP!!

4. Expect question on Windows NT

5. problem with after (expect-5.21 windows NT)

6. Expect and tcl 8.2 for windows NT

7. Expect and tk 8.2 / windows NT

8. Windows NT, fileevent, process pipeline, expect

9. Expect on Windows NT with Tcl ver 8.0

10. ANNOUNCE: Expect-5.21r1beta1 for Windows NT

11. ANNOUNCE: Expect-5.21 for Windows NT Release 1 Alpha2

12. Expect-5.21 for Windows NT (Release 1, Alpha 1)