Object-orientation for Tcl/Tk 8.0?
Author Message
 Object-orientation for Tcl/Tk 8.0?

We were using [incr Tcl] (without iwidgets, because they were too slow)
in the last months.
Now [incr Tcl] had not been made available for Tcl/Tk 8.0 for many
months,
so we are looking for alternatives.

Any suggestions?

--
Manfred Bungart
SEMA GROUP Deutschland GmbH

< http://www.*-*-*.com/ >

Mon, 05 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Object-orientation for Tcl/Tk 8.0?

Quote:

> We were using [incr Tcl] (without iwidgets, because they were too slow)
> in the last months.
> Now [incr Tcl] had not been made available for Tcl/Tk 8.0 for many
> months,
> so we are looking for alternatives.

> Any suggestions?

> --
> Manfred Bungart
> SEMA GROUP Deutschland GmbH

> <http://www.semagroup.com>

 we have the same problem....

maybe the stooop-packages solves your problem since it is written in plain
tcl.
i don't know how fast this is under 8.0 though.

another possible solution may be the ice-tcl-compiler which should work
with itcl2.1.

we hope to test this last part in between the next 3 weeks.

if you test stooop, it would be nice to hear something about speed.

bye,

frank

Mon, 05 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Mixing Xevents and Tcl/Tk events with tcl/tk version 8.0/8.2

2. tcl/tk 8.0 problem with Windows app that calls tcl/tk script

3. Problems with HP-UX 8.0 and Tcl/TK 8.0

4. ANNOUNCE: Tcl 8.0 and Tk 8.0 releases

5. Bug Found in Tcl 8.0/Tk 8.0

6. Is Tcl-DP for tcl/tk 8.0 available?

7. Hypothe'tcl's in Tcl/Tk 8.0 and Plugins

8. TIP #257: Object Orientation for Tcl

9. [Fwd: TIP #257: Object Orientation for Tcl]

10. ANNOUNCE: BLT busy for Windows, Tk 8.0, BLT 8.0 unofficial

11. Accessing Global variables/objects from C code in Tcl 8.0

12. Need an example to create lists in Tcl 8.0 using Object