Oratcl Bind Question
Author Message
 Oratcl Bind Question

We have an Tcl App that calls a stored procedure.
The stored procedure has change it's API from
taking a single VARCHAR2 id, to talking a table of
IDs. In the C++/OCCI code, the binding takes a vector
but via Tcl we cannot get it to work. we tried binding
with a list, to a string with IDs comma separated.
If there is an alternate way of passing multiple values,
we can adjust the stored procedure if necessary.

Thanks for any help,
   Bruce

Tue, 23 Sep 2008 01:48:53 GMT
 Oratcl Bind Question
Bruce, I do not know of any way to do this with Oratcl,  could you
supply sample PL/SQL code of the required behavior,  I may be able to
help,

The only thing I can think of is to build your vector in plsql by
calling single bind's in a loop.

-Todd

Tue, 30 Sep 2008 01:38:28 GMT
 Oratcl Bind Question

Quote:

> Bruce, I do not know of any way to do this with Oratcl,  could you
> supply sample PL/SQL code of the required behavior,  I may be able to
> help,

> The only thing I can think of is to build your vector in plsql by
> calling single bind's in a loop.

Thanks for the reply, your suggestion is the route we ended up taking,
the input is just a big string, and the stored proc converts it into a
collection.

Bruce

Tue, 30 Sep 2008 04:59:07 GMT

1. Oratcl Bind Queries

2. oratcl - bind variable within 'in' condition

3. Bind variable with oratcl

4. Oratcl and the use of bind variables

5. Oratcl logon problems on SunOS with oratcl-2.3 and Oracle 7.2.3

6. OraTCL problems and Questions

7. Oratcl 8i / 9i Question

8. Oratcl 4.1 - Static build Question

9. Oratcl Needs You!! (unicode questions)

10. oratcl question

11. newbie-oratcl install question

12. Oratcl usage question (return row into an array)