example of tcllib's mime extension
Author Message
 example of tcllib's mime extension

Can somebody give me an example of how to use this to extract an attachment
from an email? I've searched the web, but all I can find is an example of
how to /send/ a mime encoded email. I found this in tcllib and leapt on it
immediately because I hoped it would save me the hassle of parsing the
email myself, if I've misunderstood its capabilities can someone let me
know so that I can get cracking on a parser anyway?

Thanks.

--
Adam Short

Expand your vocabulary:

SHANKLIN (n.)

The hoop of skin around a single slice of salami.

Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:37:23 GMT
 example of tcllib's mime extension
You might have a look at
http://mini.net/tcl/779
http://mini.net/tcl/2940
Quote:

> Can somebody give me an example of how to use this to extract an attachment
> from an email? I've searched the web, but all I can find is an example of
> how to /send/ a mime encoded email. I found this in tcllib and leapt on it
> immediately because I hoped it would save me the hassle of parsing the
> email myself, if I've misunderstood its capabilities can someone let me
> know so that I can get cracking on a parser anyway?

> Thanks.

Tue, 27 Sep 2005 19:11:36 GMT
 example of tcllib's mime extension
Veronica Loell's bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of
steel

Quote:
> You might have a look at
> http://mini.net/tcl/779
> http://mini.net/tcl/2940

Thanks, those look helpful.

--
Adam Short

Expand your vocabulary:

SHANKLIN (n.)

The hoop of skin around a single slice of salami.

Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:38:55 GMT
 example of tcllib's mime extension
Orinoco's bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel

Quote:
> Veronica Loell's bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of
> steel

>> You might have a look at http://mini.net/tcl/779
>> http://mini.net/tcl/2940

> Thanks, those look helpful.

Ok, sorry to be a pain, but I have one more question re tcllib's mime
package. Is there a way of determining the content-disposition of an email?
I can get the content-type, content-transfer-encoding and so on, but
crucially not the content-disposition. I need this (I think) in order to
tell whether a mime part is an attachment or not. If this is not available,
could someone tell me how I can find out, accurately, whether a mime part
is supposed to be regarded as an attachment?

--
Adam Short

Expand your vocabulary:

CORRIECRAVIE (n.)

To avert the horrors of corrievorrie (q.v.) corriecravie is usually
employed. This is the cowardly but highly skilled process by which both
protagonists continue to approach while keeping up the pretence that they
haven't noticed each other - by staring furiously at their feet, grimacing
into a notebook, or studying the walls closely as if in a mood of deep
irritation.

Sun, 02 Oct 2005 18:09:31 GMT

1. Q: auto_path extension by tcllib's/tklib's pkgIndex.tcl

2. tcllib mime package: reading from stdin

3. tcllib 1.0 - mime encoding mail attachments

4. tcllib, mime: Generation of encoded subject?

5. mime/tcllib: generate encoded Email subjects

6. tcllib mime howto ?

7. Having trouble getting MIME and SMTP from tcllib to work

8. Problem sending mail with tcllib/smtp and mime

9. tcllib - mime - not handling long mails?

10. Anticipation of problem reports with tcllib MIME

11. Tcllib 0.8 mime problem

12. problem with tcllib mime/smtp and qmail