dde, tcl and quoting arguments.
Author Message
 dde, tcl and quoting arguments.

Dear reader,

i ve a quoting problem ! I do a call Wordperfect 8 from tcl with this dde
call :

dde execute -async WPWin8_Macros Commands "SGMLNewAttribute( Name:\"src\";
Value:\"$hell\")"

as you can see, i use a variable called hell as one of the arguments.

if hell is equal to something like that :  ( [ string compare $client
tcl ]==0 ) all is ok ... i get the answer in Wp8.

but if i had something like this :  ( [ string compare $client "tcl and
k"  ]==0 ) it doesn't work !!!

I ve tried using  \ before the quote bu it doesn't seem to work.

Have you an idea ?

Thanks for your help.

Fri, 11 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 dde, tcl and quoting arguments.

Quote:

>Dear reader,

>i ve a quoting problem ! I do a call Wordperfect 8 from tcl with this dde
>call :

>dde execute -async WPWin8_Macros Commands "SGMLNewAttribute( Name:\"src\";
>Value:\"$hell\")"

>as you can see, i use a variable called hell as one of the arguments.

>if hell is equal to something like that :  ( [ string compare $client
>tcl ]==0 ) all is ok ... i get the answer in Wp8.

>but if i had something like this :  ( [ string compare $client "tcl and
>k"  ]==0 ) it doesn't work !!!

>I ve tried using  \ before the quote bu it doesn't seem to work.

>Have you an idea ?

                        .
                        .
                        .
I think

        dde execute -async WPWin8_Macros Commands \
                [list SGMLNewAttribute( Name:"src"; Value:"$hell")]

is what you're after.
--

Cameron Laird           http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/home.html

Sat, 12 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. load dde.dll Dde => invalid argument

2. DDE DDE DDE DDE DDE ( once more, help needed )

3. tcl: calling external program which has double quote in its argument

4. dde package - buggy pkgIndex.tcl file in /Tcl/lib/tcl.8.4/dde1.1

5. PARSE QUOTED (was Re: spaces in arguments)

6. imaplib argument quoting

7. How do i split arguments with quoted spaces?

8. Quoting disassemble's lambda argument.

9. Using exec to run a command with quoted arguments

10. Problem opening a pipeline with quotes in an argument

11. optargs.tcl - Tk-like argument processing for Tcl procs

12. replace single quote to double quote with an example