 fixed fonts on Windows 95

Is there a fixed font on Windows 95?  When I use "-font fixed", the font
I get is not actually of fixed width at all.  What's the deal?

Wed, 15 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 fixed fonts on Windows 95

Quote:
>Is there a fixed font on Windows 95?  When I use "-font fixed", the font
>I get is not actually of fixed width at all.  What's the deal?

Yes, but I believe it is called "systemfixed" by default (note, this is a
Microsoft issue, not Tk), or you can create a named fixed font with the Tk8
font command (which takes fonts platform independent).

--
    Jeffrey Hobbs               "I'm really just a Tcl-bot"
    jeff.hobbs at acm.org | Jeffrey.Hobbs at oen.siemens.de

Fri, 17 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Font Fix for htmllib.tcl 0.3 using wish80.exe under Win 95

2. WINDOWS 95 DOS BOX BUG FIXED!

3. Windows 95 DOS Fonts

4. Graphical Fonts Windows 3.* & 95

5. LPM 2.5 fonts in Windows/Win 95

6. font handling with Windows NT or 95?

7. ANNOUNCE: Helga - ODBC,CGI,Tcl,Windows NT,Windows 95,MS Windows

8. Object Studio 5.0 for Windows 95 announced with Microsoft Launch 95

9. Win '95 DDE calls in ObjectREXX for Windows 95/NT

10. Ada 83 or 95 Compiler for Windows 95 or NT

11. ADA 95 Compiler Windows 95/QNX

12. Help - Developing Windows 95 apps with ADA 95