COMPAT_*OBJS in Makefile not used (possible Plus Patch problem)
Author Message
 COMPAT_*OBJS in Makefile not used (possible Plus Patch problem)

Tcl 8.1.1 Bug:  Generated by Scriptics' bug entry form at
        http://www.*-*-*.com/
------

Submitted by:  Laurent Duperval
OperatingSystem:  Sun Solaris
OperatingSystemVersion:  5.4
Extensions:  Plus patch 8.1.1
CustomShell:  I applied the plus patches
Synopsis:  COMPAT_*OBJS in Makefile not used (possible Plus Patch problem)

ReproducibleScript:
    This may be a plus patch problem. If configure determines that a
    COMPAT_OBJ (or COMPAT_SOBJ) file is needed, it puts the definition in
    the Makefile but never uses it.

ObservedBehavior:
    The COMPAT_OBJS and COMPAT_SOBJS are not included at link or compile
    time, therefore the tclsh and wish executable cannot be linked

DesiredBehavior:
    I expect all needed files to be compiled and linked

Comments:
    I am unsure if this problem is strictly a plus patch problem or if it's
    a Tcl 8.1.1 problem. On Solaris 2.4, the fixstrtod.c file is not
    compiled and on HP-UX 10.20 the tclLoadShl.c file is not compiled or
    linked.

Sat, 29 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 COMPAT_*OBJS in Makefile not used (possible Plus Patch problem)

Quote:

> Submitted by:  Laurent Duperval
> OperatingSystem:  Sun Solaris
> OperatingSystemVersion:  5.4
> Extensions:  Plus patch 8.1.1
> CustomShell:  I applied the plus patches
> Synopsis:  COMPAT_*OBJS in Makefile not used (possible Plus Patch problem)

Yes, this is strictly a plus-patch problem, which is already corrected
in my sources. I will soon upgrade the distribution.

Regards,
--
Jan Nijtmans, CMG Arnhem B.V.

url:   http://home.wxs.nl/~nijtmans/

Sun, 30 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems with Plus patches (was Problem generating Postscript from canvas)

2. tcl 7.5: patch to unix/Makefile.in: dltest/Makefile: path correction

3. Suggested patch for Tk Makefile/Makefile.in

4. Using plus AND dash patch?

5. Using Plus Patch on Win NT 4.o

6. Using Plus Patch on Win NT 4.0

7. Stubs, plus patch, dash patch, img, and more

8. BWidget patch for plus-patch

9. A Tcl 8.3.1 (plus patches) and latest TclX problem

10. problem with plus patch and tclx8.2

11. itcl2.2 plus patch problem

12. itcl2.2 plus patch problem