Inc.
Author: Tcl/Tk Programmer's Reference
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 03 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't add to system menu on NT

Quote:

> I'm trying to add an item to the system menu of an NT-based Tcl
> application and nothing is happening.  What am I doing wrong?

> % menu .mb
> .mb
> % . configure -menu .mb
> % .mb add command -label "file"
> % menu .mb.system
> .mb.system
> % .mb.system add  command -label "foo"

This confused me for a while, too.  You also need to do:

    .mb add cascade -label System -menu .mb.system

Also, tearoffs look awful in the system menu.  You probably
want to do:

    .mb.system configure -tearoff 0

(Y'know, living so close together, one of these times we ought to
meet in person...)

--
73 de ke9tv/2, Kevin KENNY      GE Corporate R&D, Niskayuna, New York, USA

Sat, 03 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't add to system menu on NT

Quote:

> > I'm trying to add an item to the system menu of an NT-based Tcl
> > application and nothing is happening.  What am I doing wrong?

> > % menu .mb
> > .mb
> > % . configure -menu .mb
> > % .mb add command -label "file"
> > % menu .mb.system
> > .mb.system
> > % .mb.system add  command -label "foo"

> This confused me for a while, too.  You also need to do:

>     .mb add cascade -label System -menu .mb.system

Thanks, that does the trick.  Strange.

Quote:
> Also, tearoffs look awful in the system menu.  You probably
> want to do:

>     .mb.system configure -tearoff 0

Yep, I should.

Quote:
> (Y'know, living so close together, one of these times we ought to
> meet in person...)

Yeah, we should.  And don't you have a book coming out?  A lot of
authors here in Tech Valley, I guess.

                                           Chris
--
Christopher Nelson, Sr. Software Engineer         Pinebush Technologies,
Inc.
Author: Tcl/Tk Programmer's Reference
http://www.purl.org/net/TclTkProgRef

Sat, 03 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Adding to the system menu on 'Windows

2. Can't add items to system menu on W98

3. adding program to windows 'programs' menu

5. Adding menu to mac "system tray"

6. Adding "browse" to system menus

7. VO2 - Adding Your Own Bitmaps to the Menu System

8. How to add system menu in win32 using 8.1

9. add choices to drop down menu's

10. adding-removing menu entry's

11. Help: Bug in VSW 3.1 - can't add menu on the fly

12. using 'system' under win2000/nt/9x