Need help with simple expect prog.
Author Message
 Need help with simple expect prog.

I am new to tcl and expect, and trying to understand the following code.
What does it mean when stated : You will want to have the Tk description in
place (lines 2 and 3) before running the command (line 4)
I try and get the useless grey box which shows and does nothing!
What's missing?
----------------------------------
 This program performs a simple action and puts up a
     "Click to Continue" button to let you know that it finished.

      1   #! /usr/local/bin/expectk --
      2   button  .ok    -text {Running Tar} -command exit
      3   pack    .ok    -fill x -fill y
      4   exec    tar   -cvf /dev/rst2 /p?/project1
      5   expect  eof
      6   .ok     config -text {Click to Continue}

     You will want to have the Tk description in place (lines 2 and
     3) before running the command (line 4) or expectk will place
     a rather annoying default box on the screen until it gets
     directions on how to fill it. Line 6 is used to change the
     text on the button.

--
Remove -nospam- from return address to reply.

Mon, 29 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP needed on simple concat prog

2. simple f77 prog - need help

3. Can anyone help me, with this simple prog?

4. need help for a _very_ short prog.

5. Desparately need help to solve a prog Question !!

6. ----> Emergency: Need Help with fortran prog

7. Need help porting MacLisp prog to CL

8. need help compile c prog w/

9. help w/ SIMPLE expect problem

10. Expect: send/expect command not working properly (must be simple)

11. Can someone make a simple prog for me?

12. Cool, simple glide prog crashes...