How to make ENTRY mirror active element in LISTBOX? and other listbox questions..
Author Message
 How to make ENTRY mirror active element in LISTBOX? and other listbox questions..

How do I make an entry mirror the active element in a listbox?

Also:

1-Why is there a notion of selection, and active element in a listbox?
Why would I want them to be different?
2-How do I make these to be one and the same?
3-How do I make the selection to become the active element when the
listbox becomes visible?

Thanks.

Sun, 07 May 2006 02:59:37 GMT
 How to make ENTRY mirror active element in LISTBOX? and other listbox questions..

Quote:

>How do I make an entry mirror the active element in a listbox?

Don't know of an easy way to make this happen automatically,
but binding to <<ListboxSelect>> and setting '-selectmode browse'
is probably a good start.

Quote:
>Also:

>1-Why is there a notion of selection, and active element in a listbox?
>Why would I want them to be different?

Depending on the listbox's -selectmode option,
multiple items may be selected at once, while
there is at most one "active" item (approximately:
the one with keyboard focus).

See also:

Wikified at:

Quote:
>2-How do I make these to be one and the same?

If you set '-selectmode browse', the active item will
always be selected.

Quote:
>3-How do I make the selection to become the active element when the
>listbox becomes visible?

Not sure how this question differs from (2) :-)

--Joe English

Sun, 07 May 2006 05:49:05 GMT

1. Making Tk listboxes behave like MS-Windows listboxes

2. Tk Listbox bindings (was: Tk Listbox Question)

3. Newbie question about entry widgets and listboxes

4. Making entry field active by default?

5. ListBox (No active items)

6. How to have multiple listboxes with active selections

7. Active index in a listbox

8. Active Selection in multiple listboxes

9. Listbox active value

10. Listbox background paint and *my* listbox bug

11. changing colors of element in listbox the same time you are inserting them

12. Insert listbox elements *without eval substitution* ?