BUG: TCL uses real rather than effictive UID/GID
Author Message
 BUG: TCL uses real rather than effictive UID/GID

Hello!

    We have some applications which we would like to run SGID
to minimize the damage that {*filter*} honours students can do.  However,
in the 'file exists' command, TCL uses the 'access' system call,
which uses real GID, not effective GID.  This seems like a bug,
because the 'source' command still reads files that are unreadable
by the real GID.

    Is there a good reason for this?  Is there any reason why
'file exists' cannot use the effective GID/UID?

-peter.

Fri, 04 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. BUG: TCL uses real rather than effictive UID/GID

2. UID/GID in python

3. Rather have consistent Look and Feel, rather than native

4. Changing UID in Tcl/Expect?

5. Bugs and Fixes for Tcl/Tk and incr Tcl when using TCL_MEM_DEBUG

6. BUG (or rather lack of idiotproofing) in grab.

7. Real World uses of Tcl chapters online

8. TCL troubles (rather long)

9. Additions I'd rather not see to Tcl/Tk

10. primary selection bug using Tcl with KDE

11. BLT bug when using Tcl build with -DUSE_TCLALLOC=1

12. Compilation bug in tcl.h when using STL