problems running tk-script with tcl/tk 8.3.3
Author Message
 problems running tk-script with tcl/tk 8.3.3

Hi there,

I wrote a working Tk-application under Suse Linux 6.3. Now I changed to
Suse Linux 7.3 with Tcl/Tk 8.3.3. The Tk-application now always crashes
at any unspecified time. Sometimes it is a "memory access error" and
sometimes the message is: "unknown display passed to
Tk_CreateErrorHandler". Does anybody know what the reason could be ? I
never used the function "Tk_CreateErrorHandler" in the script. Is it
better to deinstall Tcl/Tk and use the newer version (8.3.4) or is it
maybe a Linux problem ?

Thank you very much for help !

Regards,
Ronny

Fri, 25 Jun 2004 20:36:52 GMT
 problems running tk-script with tcl/tk 8.3.3

Quote:

> I wrote a working Tk-application under Suse Linux 6.3. Now I changed to
> Suse Linux 7.3 with Tcl/Tk 8.3.3. The Tk-application now always crashes
> at any unspecified time. Sometimes it is a "memory access error" and
> sometimes the message is: "unknown display passed to
> Tk_CreateErrorHandler". Does anybody know what the reason could be ? I
> never used the function "Tk_CreateErrorHandler" in the script. Is it
> better to deinstall Tcl/Tk and use the newer version (8.3.4) or is it
> maybe a Linux problem ?

Does the application have any other extensions involved?  Was
is something with compiled components that you moved across as
well, or is it all tcl code?  The above looks kind of like a
problem that Tix had, that was fixed for later releases.  You
can also try 8.3.4 (you can download ActiveTcl 8.3.4 and install
it in a separate directory before overwriting the current version).

--
  Jeff Hobbs                     The Tcl Guy
  Senior Developer               http://www.ActiveState.com/

Fri, 25 Jun 2004 22:08:01 GMT

1. tcl/tk 8.0 problem with Windows app that calls tcl/tk script

2. Running a TK script using wish80.exe within a tcl script

3. Running a Tcl/Tk applet within a Tcl/Tk program

4. tcl/tk-scripts, Apache & tcl/tk-plugin

5. Problem running tcl/tk application while other XWindows apps running

6. run Tcl/TK script from within Vim?

7. Tcl/Tk scripts run inside C program

8. How to run Tcl/Tk scripts with windows ?

9. running tcl/tk script

10. Can _One_ Tcl/Tk script run _Two_ displays?

11. Embedded TK running with TCL/TK 8.x?

12. Running Compiled tk/C apps on machines w/o tcl/tk installed