Doing emacs bindings or getting modifiers
Author Message
 Doing emacs bindings or getting modifiers

I'm trying to impliment emacs-like behavior using Python/Tk.  This
means that I need to deal with a variety of behavior:

C-k
C-x k
C-x v v
C-x C-f
C-M-\
M-:

Are just a few of the examples.  I am using a combo of

+--------
|toplevel
|+-------
||text
|+-------
|+-------
||entry
|+-------
+--------

I've bound:

<Control-KeyPress>
<Meta-KeyPress>
<Alt-KeyPress>

On the text widget to set the focus on the entry.  Other keystokes are
then processed here using <Any-KeyPress>.

The problem is that if the user keeps their finger on control I end up
getting garbage for the character.  How can I tell what modifiers are
applied to the final key stroke?

The common thing about all of these bindings is that they eventually
end with a keyboard character.  Is there a way to take advantage of that?

--

     - Zack

Brown University, Box 220, Providence, RI 02912
Phone: (401) 863 - 5435

Mon, 19 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Doing emacs bindings or getting modifiers

2. Tk: binding to the pressing of modifier keys *by themselves*

3. Binding substitutions and the modifier from key events

4. Apparent inconsistency for bindings on key events w/ modifiers

5. Defining modifier binding keys

6. Tk: binding to the pressing of modifier keys *by themselves*

7. Advice needed: extra modifiers in bindings

8. Getting a program to inform you when it's done

9. HttpDist - getting errors, What I'm doing wrong

10. EMACS Binding for Modula-2

11. Q: Verilog Bindings For Emacs

12. Emacs bindings