editing data in blt's hiertable widget
Author Message
 editing data in blt's hiertable widget

I'm playing with blt 2.4u and can't figure out how to actually edit any
fields.  I've enabled editing and scoured the net, but can't seem to
figure it out.  The ChangeLog indicates that there are no default
editing bindings, so I imagine it's some command I need to execute on a
select command.

Any help?

Thanks,

Jeff

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 12:33:38 GMT
 editing data in blt's hiertable widget

Quote:

> I'm playing with blt 2.4u and can't figure out how to actually edit any
> fields.  I've enabled editing and scoured the net, but can't seem to
> figure it out.  The ChangeLog indicates that there are no default
> editing bindings, so I imagine it's some command I need to execute on a
> select command.

Unfortunately the hiertable manual page says nothing about this.

There is an -edit option on each column that controls whether that
column is editable.

        .t column configure treeView -edit yes

The column displaying the tree is specially named "treeView".

Editing is activated by a "text get" operation.

        .t text edit $x $y

This operation acquires the text at specified x,y coordinate and draws
it into an editting window that sits above the cell.  In the demos,
this bound to the right mouse button.

        bind .t <ButtonPress-3> {
            %W text get %x %y
        }

There are a bunch of default bindings for editting entries.  Right now
they're strictly for editting a single text line.  Once you hit Return
it commits the changes.  Escape cancels the changes and reverts the
text back to its previous state.

The bad news is that I've made several bug fixes with regard to
editing recently.  There are a couple of really bad memory overwrite
bugs.  I'll make a new build and release it this weekend. I'll fix up
the manual page too.

--gah

Mon, 02 Aug 2004 05:12:25 GMT

1. editing data in blt's treeview widget

2. BLT hiertable questions

3. blt::hiertable question

4. Problem with BLT hiertable

5. Changing background colour of BLT hiertable

6. BLT hiertable questions

7. BLT 2.4s: hiertable problems

8. graph widget other than BLT's?

9. Using BLT's table geometry manager inside tixLabelFrame widget

10. BLT2.3 and Tix4.1.7.6 (BLT's widgets kill the ui)

11. Status of BLT's tiled widgets

12. BLT memory leak: Tree objects don't release key value pairwise data