HTTP 1.0 and HTTP 1.1 packages
Author Message
 HTTP 1.0 and HTTP 1.1 packages

The TCL with Redhat 6.2 Linux appears to be based on TCL 8.0.  If I use
the "package require http" it appears to implement the 1.0 version of
http.

Is there a 1.1 version of HTTP available?

Thanks.

bb

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Thu, 10 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 HTTP 1.0 and HTTP 1.1 packages

Quote:
> The TCL with Redhat 6.2 Linux appears to be based on TCL 8.0.  If I use
> the "package require http" it appears to implement the 1.0 version of
> http.

> Is there a 1.1 version of HTTP available?

Have you tried Tcl 8.3.2?

MY EMAIL ADDRESS HAS CHANGED --> UPDATE YOUR ADDRESSBOOK

Laurent Duperval                 "Montreal winters are an intelligence test,
                                         and we who are here have failed it."

Penguin Power!         ***Nothing I say reflects the views of my employer***

Fri, 11 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 HTTP 1.0 and HTTP 1.1 packages

Quote:

> > The TCL with Redhat 6.2 Linux appears to be based on TCL 8.0.  If I
use
> > the "package require http" it appears to implement the 1.0 version
of
> > http.

> > Is there a 1.1 version of HTTP available?

> Have you tried Tcl 8.3.2?

No, however, before I go through the hassle of upgrading do you know if
it supports both HTTP 1.0 and HTTP 1.1?

FYI, I am sort of bound to TCL 8.0 because a network test equipment
vendor's (Ixia) APIs are based on TCL 8.0 and will not work if it
detects a later version of TCL.

Of course if 8.3.2 supports HTTP 1.1 I suppose I could have 1 PC
running the HTML code and another running the Ixia code.

Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 11 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 HTTP 1.0 and HTTP 1.1 packages

Quote:
> No, however, before I go through the hassle of upgrading do you know if
> it supports both HTTP 1.0 and HTTP 1.1?

> FYI, I am sort of bound to TCL 8.0 because a network test equipment
> vendor's (Ixia) APIs are based on TCL 8.0 and will not work if it
> detects a later version of TCL.

> Of course if 8.3.2 supports HTTP 1.1 I suppose I could have 1 PC
> running the HTML code and another running the Ixia code.

Well, download the source code and just try using the http package with 8.0.
It may work, I don't know.

MY EMAIL ADDRESS HAS CHANGED --> UPDATE YOUR ADDRESSBOOK

Laurent Duperval                 "Montreal winters are an intelligence test,
                                         and we who are here have failed it."

Penguin Power!         ***Nothing I say reflects the views of my employer***

Fri, 11 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 HTTP 1.0 and HTTP 1.1 packages

:Is there a 1.1 version of HTTP available?

I know of at least this.  It would be nice if the HTTP  1.1 code were
merged into the default tcllib though.  Anyone need it badly enough to
take on that task?

/home/lwv26/Misc/tcl-faq.part05:
What: DHP
Where: <URL: http://www.zveno.com/DHP/>
        Has handlers for FTP, HTTP/1.1 with caching, MIME base64, etc.
Updated: 09/1999

--

Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:48:22 GMT

1. http package does not conform HTTP/1.0

2. HTTP 1.0 or 1.1 ?

3. http package: Basic HTTP Authorization?

4. can't find package http 1.0

5. HTTP 1.1 support in BaseHTTPServer [patch 430706]

6. HTTP/1.1 server in Python

7. HTTP 1.1 anyone?

8. httplib supporting HTTP/1.1 [Q]

9. HTTP/1.1 module