tcl/tk error in startup script
Author Message
 tcl/tk error in startup script

The following error message is being generated
when I try and run my application. I am new at
programming tcl/tk and I need some help.

"error while autoloading 'IniEntorno':
g:\sys\wop\lib\tk\tclIndex ins't a proper Tcl
Index file
while executing
'IniEntorno' (procedure 'IncluyeLibrerias' line
19)
invoked from within
'IncluyeLibrerias' (file
'g:\sys\wop\main\tk\logo.tcl' line 226)"

The code looks fine and I think that it may have
something to do with my installation of tcl/tk.
(version 8.0.3) I am using the windows95
installation.

many thanks.

jay.

Mon, 12 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 tcl/tk error in startup script
Quote:

> The following error message is being generated
> when I try and run my application. I am new at
> programming tcl/tk and I need some help.

> "error while autoloading 'IniEntorno':
> g:\sys\wop\lib\tk\tclIndex ins't a proper Tcl
> Index file
> while executing
> 'IniEntorno' (procedure 'IncluyeLibrerias' line
> 19)
> invoked from within
> 'IncluyeLibrerias' (file
> 'g:\sys\wop\main\tk\logo.tcl' line 226)"

> The code looks fine and I think that it may have
> something to do with my installation of tcl/tk.
> (version 8.0.3) I am using the windows95
> installation.

The error message complains about the tclIndex. Does that look correct?
We run Tcl 8.0.5, and here's some cuttings from the
..lib/tk8.0/tclIndex:
set auto_index(tkButtonEnter) [list source [file join $dir button.tcl]]
set auto_index(tkButtonLeave) [list source [file join $dir button.tcl]]
set auto_index(tkCheckRadioEnter) [list source [file join $dir
button.tcl]]
set auto_index(tkButtonDown) [list source [file join $dir button.tcl]]
set auto_index(tkCheckRadioDown) [list source [file join $dir
button.tcl]]

and on NT with 8.1.0, it looks similar.  Have you by chance manually
edited tclIndex, maybe with Word???
The tclIndex should not be edited, only generated with the command
auto_mkIndex. If your tclIndex file has not-really-ASCII markup, the
autoloader may raise this error (I don't dare to try...). You could try
to recover such a misformatted file by saving it as .txt file.

--
Schoene Gruesse/best regards, Richard Suchenwirth -- tel. +49-7531-86
2703

> RC DT2, Siemens Electrocom GmbH, Buecklestr. 1-5, D-78467 Konstanz, Germany
> My opinions were not necessarily, or will not necessarily be, mine.

Tue, 13 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 tcl/tk error in startup script
my tclindex file looks fine. here is a cutting from it.

set auto_index(::Muestra_valores_significados) [list source [file join
$dir q_wop_lib_ayuda.tcl]]set auto_index(::Temas_de_Ayuda) [list source
[file join $dir q_wop_lib_ayuda.tcl]]...

for that reason i don't understand why the program is complaining about
it. i generated it using the auto_mkIndex facility and i haven't edited
it using word.

jay

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Fri, 16 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 tcl/tk error in startup script

Quote:

> my tclindex file looks fine. here is a cutting from it.
> set auto_index(::Muestra_valores_significados) [list source [file join
> $dir q_wop_lib_ayuda.tcl]]set auto_index(::Temas_de_Ayuda) [list source
> [file join $dir q_wop_lib_ayuda.tcl]]...

you should have a separator between each "set auto_index" commands pair.
You may add newline/carriage return to get :
set auto_index(::Muestra_valores_significados) ...
set auto_index(::Temas_de_Ayuda) ...
--
regards,
        Aldric

Fri, 16 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 tcl/tk error in startup script

Quote:

> > my tclindex file looks fine. here is a cutting from it.
> > set auto_index(::Muestra_valores_significados) [list source [file
join
> > $dir q_wop_lib_ayuda.tcl]]set auto_index(::Temas_de_Ayuda) [list
source
> > [file join $dir q_wop_lib_ayuda.tcl]]...

> you should have a separator between each "set auto_index" commands
pair.
> You may add newline/carriage return to get :
> set auto_index(::Muestra_valores_significados) ...
> set auto_index(::Temas_de_Ayuda) ...
> --
> regards,
>    Aldric

The tclindex file has separators inbetween each "set auto_index" command
pair. To use 'copy/paste' I opened the file using notepad, and due to
its simplistic nature, the carriage returns were not shown properly.

regards,

jay

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tcl/Tk 8.0 , Error in startup script

2. tcl/tk-scripts, Apache & tcl/tk-plugin

3. tcl/tk 8.0 problem with Windows app that calls tcl/tk script

4. Error in startup script: can't read "tk_library": no such variable

5. Error in startup script

6. Tk (WISH) Startup Script Question

7. Redirection of TCL/Tk script errors?

8. NT errors on shutdown when Tcl/Tk script calls an external .exe

9. Script errors not caught by tcl/tk?

10. Help tcl/tk script and Rasmol, send errors

11. Lack of error messages during Tk startup - why?

12. Lack of error messages during Tk startup - why?