I would like to remove the title bar put by the window manager
on each Tk window. Can someone show me how. Thanks.

Prasad

Sat, 12 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 no window decor in Tk - how?

Quote:

> I would like to remove the title bar put by the window manager
> on each Tk window. Can someone show me how. Thanks.

This is more of a window manager issue than a Tk one.  You can
limit the title bar by using "wm transient $toplevel $othertoplevel",
or you can remove it all entirely using "wm overrideredirect ...",
but then you have to manage many things yourself.  See the wm man
page for more.

--
    Jeffrey Hobbs               "I'm really just a Tcl-bot"
    jeff.hobbs at acm.org | Jeffrey.Hobbs at oen.siemens.de

Mon, 14 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can tcl/tk do "minimal decor"?

2. tk still blows up windows (was tk blows up windows)

3. Windows port of Tk (was non-Tk version of Grail)

4. WIndows port of Tk (was non-Tk version of Grail)

5. embeding MS Notepad in a TK frame or TK window

6. Tk message box without tk main window?

7. Embedding Tcl/Tk in MFC windows application with real Tk GUI and multithread support

8. Embedding Tcl/Tk im MFC windows application in a multithreaded manner with real Tk GUI support

9. Tcl/Tk 8.2.3 and Tcl/Tk 8.3.0 under windows

10. (Repost) Tk 8.2: How to embed main Tk window in own (Win32) app

11. Tk 8.2: How to embed main Tk window in own app

12. Tk hanging on Windows if another Tk is suspended