need a jumpstart
Author Message
 need a jumpstart

I program for Unix/Linux in tcl - tk.    Now I am starting a project to
run on Windows boxes.   Can someone point me at some info to help me get
started "printing to windows printers using tcl" ????
   I have not written code for a windows box since the days of  win_31.

...thanks,
Mitch

Sat, 14 May 2005 05:18:01 GMT
 need a jumpstart
Quote:

>I program for Unix/Linux in tcl - tk.    Now I am starting a project to
>run on Windows boxes.   Can someone point me at some info to help me get
>started "printing to windows printers using tcl" ????

                        .
                        .
                        .
--

Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net
Personal:  http://phaseit.net/claird/home.html

Sat, 14 May 2005 03:54:03 GMT
 need a jumpstart

Quote:
> I program for Unix/Linux in tcl - tk.    Now I am starting a project to
> run on Windows boxes.   Can someone point me at some info to help me get
> started "printing to windows printers using tcl" ????
>    I have not written code for a windows box since the days of  win_31.

> ...thanks,
> Mitch

There is TkPrint referenced at http://mini.net/tcl/2497.
You can also look at http://mini.net/tcl/2?print
Michael Schwartz wrote an extension named "Print" at
http://www.du.edu/~mschwart/tcl-tk.htm#Print

Hope this helps,
Vincent.

Sun, 15 May 2005 03:46:36 GMT
 need a jumpstart

Quote:
> I program for Unix/Linux in tcl - tk.    Now I am starting a project to
> run on Windows boxes.   Can someone point me at some info to help me get
> started "printing to windows printers using tcl" ????
>    I have not written code for a windows box since the days of  win_31.

> ...thanks,
> Mitch

You can also write PDF files with pdflib : see
http://www.pdflib.com/pdflib/features.html

Vincent.

Sun, 15 May 2005 03:51:44 GMT
 need a jumpstart

Quote:
> also write PDF files with pdflib : see
> http://www.pdflib.com/pdflib/features.html

Very cool -- I did not know about this utility.

However, in the past we have used GhostScript to convert postscript
files.  This works also, but not as smooth as what the pdflib appears
to.

Nice find!

Dave

Sun, 15 May 2005 10:33:59 GMT
 need a jumpstart

Quote:

> > also write PDF files with pdflib : see
> > http://www.pdflib.com/pdflib/features.html

> Very cool -- I did not know about this utility.

> However, in the past we have used GhostScript to convert PostScript
> files.  This works also, but not as smooth as what the pdflib appears
> to.

> Nice find!

> Dave

I use optcl and ms-Word or Excel for doing the actual printing. Seems
to work ok. if a bit slow (loading Word).
Don

Sun, 15 May 2005 15:49:29 GMT
 need a jumpstart

Quote:

> > I program for Unix/Linux in tcl - tk.    Now I am starting a project to
> > run on Windows boxes.   Can someone point me at some info to help me get
> > started "printing to windows printers using tcl" ????
> >    I have not written code for a windows box since the days of  win_31.

> > ...thanks,
> > Mitch

> You can also write PDF files with pdflib : see
> http://www.pdflib.com/pdflib/features.html

> Vincent.

Very well, thanks. But how to make Cyrillic pdf document with this lib.
Combination of:

set p [PDF_new]

PDF_set_parameter $p "nativeunicode" "true"
set font [PDF_findfont $p "Courier New" "cp1251" 0]

not work OK

sincerely,
Antonio Petkovski

Thu, 19 May 2005 02:13:17 GMT

1. Looking for Bill Cole from JumpStart !

2. Employment Opportunities with JumpStart Systems Inc.

3. Jumpstart

4. tkTable jumpstart

5. JumpStart Systems - Retraction

6. JUMPSTART SYSTEMS - Past or Present Financial Dealings

7. >>> NOV 20 NYSUG - JumpStart <<<

8. Jumpstart your New Year! Lose 10 pounds by January 31st

9. Cambridge, MA - Mainframe Consultant Needed - VSAM Expertise Needed

10. Cambridge, MA -- Mainframe Consultant Needed - IBM Assembler Expertise Needed

11. Cambridge, MA -- Mainframe Consultant Needed - IBM Assembler Expertise Needed

12. Cambridge, MA - Mainframe Consultant Needed - VSAM Expertise Needed