having activetcl and thread tcl on linux
Author Message
 having activetcl and thread tcl on linux

Hello

I want to have both ActiveTcl and threaded tcl installed on a linux machine.
when compiling tcl I saw that the shared lib is with the same name libtcl8.4.so
on windows the shared dll as the name tclsh84t.dll
how can I compile so the shared lib get a t addition?

Sun, 02 Jul 2006 14:19:48 GMT
 having activetcl and thread tcl on linux

Quote:

> I want to have both ActiveTcl and threaded tcl installed on a linux machine.
> when compiling tcl I saw that the shared lib is with the same name libtcl8.4.so
> on windows the shared dll as the name tclsh84t.dll
> how can I compile so the shared lib get a t addition?

That is correct - threaded and non-threaded builds do have the same
name on unix.  You can install them into separate directory
hierarchies (then link just the wish exes where you want them).
Alternatively you can build them with --disable-shared, which uses
.a's instead of .so's for the core.

--
     Jeff Hobbs, The Tcl Guy
     http://www.ActiveState.com/, a division of Sophos

Mon, 03 Jul 2006 00:33:22 GMT

1. Threads in ActiveTcl 8.4.7...

2. ActiveTcl Windows is not thread enabled

3. Tcl_init fails on ActiveTcl 8.4.1.0 on Intel Linux

4. threads 2.6.2 on linux x86_64: thread::create hangs

5. ActiveTcl Pro: How to create a standalone app which uses Tcl, Tk, Expect, BWidgets, IWidgets

6. Problems With TCL Stubs and Tcl_CreateExitHandler using ActiveTCL 8.4.0.1 (Windows)

7. ANNOUNCE: ActiveTcl / ASPN Tcl online chat, December 13th

8. TCL built with threads, but no Thread package

9. Segmentation fault returning value in Thread for Tcl 8.3.5/Thread 2.5 (2.1.5)

10. TCL threads or C threads???

11. Threaded Tcl calls non-thread-safe library functions

12. Thread safe tcl: interpreter per thread?