compile tcl8.3.4 on Windows98 with VC6.0 error
Author Message
 compile tcl8.3.4 on Windows98 with VC6.0 error

Hello all,

Can anyone help me with this. The error below indicates it looking for
precompiled header file. There is no .\Release directory.

Thanks in advance,
Dan

c:\projects\te_c\tcl\tcl8.3.4\win\tclAppInit.c(31) : fatal error C1083: Cannot
pen precompiled header file: '.\Release\vc60.pch': No such file or directory
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Apps\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\bin\cl.exe"'
:
 return code '0x2'
Stop.

Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:55:52 GMT
 compile tcl8.3.4 on Windows98 with VC6.0 error

Quote:
>Hello all,

>Can anyone help me with this. The error below indicates it looking for
>precompiled header file. There is no .\Release directory.

Create the release directory (and maybe a debug directory, too) and
try again.
HTH
Helmut

Fri, 24 Sep 2004 21:31:33 GMT
 compile tcl8.3.4 on Windows98 with VC6.0 error
Hi Helmut,

thanks for your input. I was able to build tcl8.3.4 after adding the
release and debug directory.

I did the same for tk8.3.4 but when I run wish83.exe, the wish window
is blank ( no command line interpreter). The demos work but again no
command line.

The setting in the makefile are:

TCLDIR          = c:\projects\te_c\tcl\tcl8.3.4
ROOT            = c:\projects\te_c\tcl\tk8.3.4
INSTALLDIR      = C:\projects\te_c\tcl

I did

nmake -f makefile.vc clean
nmake -f makefile.vc
nmake -f makefile.vc install

Any ideas,

Thanks
Dan

Quote:

> >Hello all,

> >Can anyone help me with this. The error below indicates it looking for
> >precompiled header file. There is no .\Release directory.
> Create the release directory (and maybe a debug directory, too) and
> try again.
> HTH
> Helmut

Sat, 25 Sep 2004 07:59:14 GMT
 compile tcl8.3.4 on Windows98 with VC6.0 error

Quote:

>Any ideas,

Yes, send microsoft a bug report about how batchfiles that create directories,
can finish yet the directory creation hasn't been flushed to disk yet and
routines (like a makefile) that rely on what the batchfile just did, shouldn't
explode.

I believe one of those KB docs on nmake hints at this error because CPU speeds
are getting kinda fast now.
--

[species: human; planet: earth,milkyway,alpha sector]
Please be aware of the 7.5 year ping times when placing a call from alpha centari

Sat, 25 Sep 2004 08:06:47 GMT
 compile tcl8.3.4 on Windows98 with VC6.0 error
David,

I should send MS a bug report now that I know that, but that doesn't
help me solve the tk problem I described above. I did make the directories
manually. Why is wish not showing the command line???

Since my last email I have tried:

nmake -f makefile.vc clean
nmake -f makefile.vc all
nmake -f makefile.vc console-wish
nmake -f makefile.vc install

I also changed the consoleRequired to TRUE in winMain.c.

I get two windows ( tk and WISH83 ) which look exactly the same.
They are grey with only a title bar.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Dan

Quote:

> >Any ideas,

> Yes, send microsoft a bug report about how batchfiles that create directories,
> can finish yet the directory creation hasn't been flushed to disk yet and
> routines (like a makefile) that rely on what the batchfile just did, shouldn't
> explode.

> I believe one of those KB docs on nmake hints at this error because CPU speeds
> are getting kinda fast now.

Sat, 25 Sep 2004 13:55:49 GMT

1. Total newbie: errors compiling PIL with VC6++

2. Compile error building tcl8.4.0 using MinGW-gcc, Cygwin

3. compile error on winnt tcl8.3.4 when at the last create the tcl83.dll

4. Error compiling tcl8.3.3 on SGI IRIX6.5 IP27 mips

5. Error compiling TCL8.3.3 on windows

6. compile error: tcl8.0.3 RH 6.1 LINUX

7. Error compiling tcl8.2 on ULTRIX 4.3

8. Errors compiling tcl8.1.1 under Solaris 2.6

9. compile error, tcl8.1, sunos4.1.3_U1, egcs-1.1.2 [FIX]

10. compile error, tcl8.1, sunos4.1.3_U1, egcs-1.1.2

11. Tcl8.1 compiled error.

12. Error while compiling tcl8.0.5 code under solaris2.5.1