vwait doesn't kill background processes on NT (only)
Author Message
 vwait doesn't kill background processes on NT (only)

Tcl 8.0.5 Bug:  Generated by Scriptics' bug entry form at
        http://www.*-*-*.com/
------

Submitted by:  jeff vier
OperatingSystem:  Windows NT
CustomShell:  none
Synopsis:  vwait doesn't kill background processes on NT (only)

ReproducibleScript:
    This is using wish on NT (obviously).

    Just pasting the following script in /should/ (as I understand it, and
    as it is reflected on HP/UX) produce 3 lines of output "abc", "123", and
    "done".  Alas, it does not, as you'll see.

    proc go {} {
    puts [info level [info level]]
        set interruptor 1
        after 700 {set interruptor 2394}
                primer
    }
    proc primer {} {
    puts [info level [info level]]
    vwait interruptor;
    global interruptor;
    puts "interruptor = $interruptor";

        set n 0
    puts "n = $n";
        after $n {puts "abc"}
        set n [expr $n + 300]
    puts "n = $n";
        after $n {puts "123"}
        set n [expr $n + 500]
    puts "n = $n";
        after $n {puts "xyz"}
        set n [expr $n + 300]
    puts "n = $n";
        after $n {puts "123"}
        set n [expr $n + 500]
    puts "n = $n";
        after $n {puts "abc"}
        set n [expr $n + 300]
    puts "n = $n";

    after 400 {set x 0}

    vwait x
    puts done

    }

    go;

ObservedBehavior:
    The script continues past the change of the variable upon which the
    vwait is dependant.  This is not convenient.

DesiredBehavior:
    On HP, the script ends gracefully, as it is described in any
    documentation I can find.

Sat, 06 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Thread#kill doesn't kill processes inside a thread

2. Killing processes without using 'kill'

3. BLT [graph configure -background] doesn't affect axis backgrounds on my Sun

4. kill '-SIGHUP', pgid -vs- kill 'SIGHUP', 0

5. Please help- Killing Python 'processes'

6. Killing a process under Windows NT/2K

7. Kill process by name on windows nt?

8. killing process on NT

9. Kill a process in NT?

10. kill doesn't return error?

11. My Live3D doesn't show WWWinline, Textures and Backgrounds

12. Child process on crashing kills it parent process