win32all crashes win98
Author Message
 win32all crashes win98

Python extensions for Windows (win32all) work fine on Windows 2000 and also
on Windows 98 SE / IE 5.5 when run within PythonWin. Withing python/pythonw,
however, the same script causes kernel32.dll to crash with a stack error.

I'd like to run the following script by double clicking its icon without
getting a python shell:

    #MsgBox.pyw
    import win32con
    import win32ui
    win32ui.MessageBox("Message Box","Test",win32con.MB_OK)

Is there someone who knows a work-around?

Thanks

   Wolfgang

Fri, 04 Jul 2003 05:22:24 GMT
 win32all crashes win98

Quote:

>Python extensions for Windows (win32all) work fine on Windows 2000 and also
>on Windows 98 SE / IE 5.5 when run within PythonWin. Withing python/pythonw,
>however, the same script causes kernel32.dll to crash with a stack error.

>Is there someone who knows a work-around?

    Install Linux? :)

    Mike

of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX
PGP Public Key: http://24.43.42.96/email.phtml

Fri, 04 Jul 2003 11:14:01 GMT
 win32all crashes win98

Quote:
>Python extensions for Windows (win32all) work fine on Windows 2000 and
>also on Windows 98 SE / IE 5.5 when run within PythonWin. Withing
>python/pythonw, however, the same script causes kernel32.dll to crash
>with a stack error.

>I'd like to run the following script by double clicking its icon without
>getting a python shell:

>    #MsgBox.pyw
>    import win32con
>    import win32ui
>    win32ui.MessageBox("Message Box","Test",win32con.MB_OK)

>Is there someone who knows a work-around?

>Thanks

>   Wolfgang

uhh.... rename it to script.pyw ???

        William.

Sat, 05 Jul 2003 03:19:12 GMT

1. win32all's win32net module and Win98

2. Installation of win32all on a Win98 box?

3. PythonWin win32all-131 editor crash

4. Win32All Crashes Python 2.3?

5. exampleTalkClient to server in different images crashes on Win98

6. PB 3.5 crash under Win98

7. Win98 IE5 crashes various clients

8. Win98 2.0b: crash on Help

9. Again: ODBC / Win98 -> crash

10. Again: ODBC / Win98 -> crash

11. Sad news: Yet another way to crash Win98

12. embedded tcl 8.3.2 interpreter causing crash on win98