Python XML-RPC server as CGI
Author Message
 Python XML-RPC server as CGI

  Hello:

  I'm using python 2.1 I want to run an xmlrpc server as a python CGI
script, executed via Apache: it is possible with the Python 2.1's standard
xmlrpc library?

  Thanks,

--
Vctor R. Ruiz
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thu, 12 Aug 2004 00:54:38 GMT
 Python XML-RPC server as CGI

Quote:

>   Hello:

>   I'm using Python 2.1 I want to run an xmlrpc server as a python CGI
> script, executed via Apache: it is possible with the Python 2.1's
standard
> xmlrpc library?

Python 2.1 didn't include an XML-RPC library, so I'm presuming that you
are referring to the PythonWare module xmlrpclib?

I've placed an enhanced version of the Python 2.2 XML-RPC server library
on my website:
http://www.sweetapp.com/xmlrpc/

The documentation for the 2.2 version is the most up to date:
http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-SimpleXMLRPCServer.html

Here is a simple CGI usage example:

from SimpleXMLRPCServer import CGIXMLRPCRequestHandler

server = CGIXMLRPCRequestHandler()
server.register_function(pow)
server.handle_request()

Cheers,
Brian

Thu, 12 Aug 2004 01:38:58 GMT

1. xml-rpc server in python returning python lists...

2. XML-RPC Server in Python

3. Volunteer Python (Perl) Programmer want : XML WWW SERVER/CGI

4. How to set up an XML-RPC server (newbie)

5. XML-RPC Server

6. XML-RPC Server/Client Help Request

7. XML RPC client library for Python

8. XML RPC client library for Python

9. XML RPC client library for Python

10. programming with XML-RPC in Python

11. xmlrpc via proxy in XML-RPC HOWTO

12. Several questions: python plugin, xml-rpc + Medusa