PIL and HPGL
Author Message
 PIL and HPGL

Hello!

I need to create a lot of PDF files of some drawings (made in AutoCAD)
and I thought I try to do it with Python. The easiest way should be by
using PIL to read hpgl/2 and then create a PDF. One catch though.....
PIL can't read HPGL/2.

Anyone that have created this 'plug-in' for PIL?
Anyone that knows where I can get the specification of HPGL?

// Anders

Sun, 08 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 PIL and HPGL

Quote:

> Hello!

> I need to create a lot of PDF files of some drawings (made in AutoCAD)
> and I thought I try to do it with Python. The easiest way should be by
> using PIL to read hpgl/2 and then create a PDF. One catch though.....
> PIL can't read HPGL/2.

> Anyone that have created this 'plug-in' for PIL?
> Anyone that knows where I can get the specification of HPGL?

> // Anders

You might try printing to postscript in AutoCAD and converting the
resulting .ps or .prn to pdf with ghostscript.

Wed, 08 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 PIL and HPGL
You may get smaller file sizes if none of the steps converts your image
to bitmap, staying vectorial. This might not be the case for very
complex drawings, lots of hidden stuff, and/or low resolution.

Wed, 08 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 PIL and HPGL
On Sat, 22 Jul 2000 10:54:36 GMT, Marcos Snchez Provencio

Quote:

>You might try printing to postscript in AutoCAD and converting the
>resulting .ps or .prn to pdf with ghostscript.

Hello Marcos!

Thanks for the reply! Yes I am a aware about the possibility to use
postscript and ghostscript to create a PDF. This how I do it today. I
just wanted to use python to do this. The optimal would be to read the
DWG directly and create a PDF ;-) but I settle for using HPGL of DXF.

I just saw that ReportLab has release version 1 of there Python module
for handling PDF so maybe this is a better way than using PIL,

// Anders

Thu, 09 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. PIL palette problem on PIL-1.1.2/Python-2.1/Solaris 2.8

2. Getting PIL fonts into my win32 python PIL

3. import Image vs from PIL import Image vs import PIL.Image

4. HPGL-plotter-pictures in Visual Works?

5. Vector Graphic / HPGL file processing VI ???

6. HPGL/2 language description

7. HPGL Question

8. Plotting Libraries in Ada for PostScript/HPGL

9. Help Wanted - Calcomp Subroutines for HPGL Creation

10. Wanted: Fortran-Lib for HPGL

11. Wanted: CALCOMP-HPGL-CONVERTER

12. HPGL TO PRINTER LIBRARY