DNS & other TCP/IP-servers
Author Message
 DNS & other TCP/IP-servers

Hi there,

Has anyone out there written a DNS in Python? How about other stuff,
like a httpd, ftp or telnet daemon? I'd like to get some insight on
how to do that in Python...

Greetz,

RS

Sun, 12 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 DNS & other TCP/IP-servers

Quote:
>Has anyone out there written a DNS in Python? How about other stuff,
>like a httpd, ftp or telnet daemon? I'd like to get some insight on
>how to do that in Python...

Check the SocketServer and BasicHTTPServer included in the
standard distribution.

For something more powerful, and many times cooler, check
Sam Rushings Medusa. It includes http, ftp, and telnet services
(a remote interpreter, in this case), and is trivial to extend with
custom services. You can find a pointer at www.python.org.

Cheers /F

Sun, 12 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 DNS & other TCP/IP-servers

Quote:
> ...check Sam Rushings Medusa ... You can find a pointer at www.python.org.

Does his site still exist?
I checked several nameservers, and none can find nightmare.com.

Sun, 12 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. TCP/IP server & client in CW2xxxx

2. Interest in TCP/Ip Server & Client

3. Where's Medusa? (was Re: DNS & other TCP/IP-servers)

4. C5 - TCP/IP Client/Server and DirectX Questions

5. TCP/IP servers in Smalltalk (only GNU ?)

6. Client - Server slow tcp/ip...

7. TCP/IP sockets code in REXX script (long) - server.CMD (0/1)

8. tcp/ip server

9. fortran ucx tcp/ip server using vms qio interface

10. tcp/ip server in Prolog?

11. TCP IP, client and server socket

12. Writing a TCP/IP chat server